SA Cup (Interested???)

bmann

Hi everyone,

We are looking at re-instating a once proud tournament called "The SA Cup" for Australia Day weekend next year. Looking for a show of hands and here is a brief rundown:

Entry under $200
10 Games qualifying
Cut to top 20
Round 2 pin fall doesn't carry over
Pay out 1 in 2 based on 60 entries
Price fund approx. 10.5K
looking at seeded system for second round

Peoples thoughts please post!

Bmann

Could be busy weekend, Mildura are proposing a 10k first place event on that weekend also if l read correctly.

It use to be one of the great tournaments to bowl in. I hope for the bowlers that they can get this great tournament running again. A lot of good memories going to Adelaide to have a bowl. Good luck.
Cheers Lovey

You mean the Weekend near Australia day don't you Brenton. It won't be a long week end. Just wanted to point that out.
Good Luck with it.! Was always one of the best tournaments. But I'm a bit bias towards it, having been involved with it for many a year with Rod.

Cheers

tony

Hi Tony,

Yes good point, this will be a two day event on the 28th and 29th January. Your interested?

Bmann

Thanks Brenton but no, pretty much retired here.

just the odd local senior event.

Tony

It's going to be difficult having this event clashing with the Mildura event as posted on the main forum. If you want this event to succeed, I figure you need to at least talk to the guys at Mildura to make sure there is no clash, even if it means swallowing a bit of pride and shifting weekends. Given the prizemoney on offer there, it would be hard to attract entries to an SA Cup if it were to run on the same weekend. I would love to bowl both events, but would have to make a choice if they clashed. Would probably choose the Mildura event if push came to shove, but I hope it does not come to that.

I would truly love to bowl a revamped S.A Cup...it was always a favorite of mine, but with Mildura looking like their tournament is running on that weekend and with Wodonga having their skins that weekend i wouldnt be making the trip. On a different weekend...you bet i would be there for sure.

Cheers
Paul

Having been involved with Rod Baylis & SACBA (think Fred Flintstone was there also LOL) with the birth of this event I really do hope that it will again be a major event on the tournament calendar. It always kicked off the tournament year, so lets hope it will again be a MAJOR event
KJ

i would love to bowl as well try organising it for a weekend where it does not clash and im shore you will get the entries

Hey Guys . . If it was to be held on a different weekend other than the 28th and 29th of Jan, I would guarantee that Deano and myself would bowl for sure, we might even be able to round up 3 - 4 more from Mildura as well to support your event. It would be nice to able to just jump in the car for 3 1/2 hours to go to a tournament for a change, sooooo sick of travelling long distances all the time . . :)

Agree with Ray, I'd probably be in the same car. Can't bowl a lot of the Melbourne tournaments due to time/distance/cost constraints but Adelaide would make for a good change. Just a weekend that doesn't clash would be required.

Back
Top Bottom