Rooty Hill AGAIN??

Of course! I don't really mind what centre it's at... It's more the thrill of representing your state and bowling against the worlds best that matters.

My only concern is the financial strain constantly born by those states who have to continously travel great distances each year. It certainly does not seem fair, especially to the Northern Territorians, Western Australians, North Qlders and Tasmanians. From my personal point of view, its not much more than a day trip, but those other states are always bearing the financial brunt and the powers that be seem to ignore this factor. . If the nationals are going to be permanently at Rooty Hill, then the other remote states need to be given some degree of financial compensation for the costs involved in continually having to send teams long, expensive distances.

Cmon Brenton; seriously...

Eastern Aus is always going to hold the sporting events (no matter what sport).. Look at most sports and you will see that finals + main events are ALWAYS held on the eastern side of aus... =\..

Rooty Hill is the most fit place to have the Aus Masters. Rooty has food; entertainment; accommodation and a great bowling centre.. What more do you want?? The only flaw with Rooty Hill is the distance it is from the airport with bowlers coming from there... Aside from that; I cant see a place better!

OT: I for one have no problem with it being in Rooty Hill...

AMF want it at Rooty Hill and they're paying for the privelege.

I know my bowlers in general had a bit of a sigh about not going somewhere new, but you can't deny the venue is top notch and I'm not personally aware of anywhere else that is as well set up. I'm sure I've read of a number of events in the US that return to the same center every year by design, eg the Amateur circuit has some kind of nationals in Vegas, I think it's at the Orleans, every year.

Cmon Brenton; seriously...

Eastern Aus is always going to hold the sporting events (no matter what sport).. Look at most sports and you will see that finals + main events are ALWAYS held on the eastern side of aus... =\..

Rooty Hill is the most fit place to have the Aus Masters. Rooty has food; entertainment; accommodation and a great bowling centre.. What more do you want?? The only flaw with Rooty Hill is the distance it is from the airport with bowlers coming from there... Aside from that; I cant see a place better!

OT: I for one have no problem with it being in Rooty Hill...

Believe it or not, there were times in the past that very successful nationals were held *shock horror!!!* away from the eastern states. Believe it or not, the eastern states are not the centre of the Australian sporting universe. AS I said, I personally have no problem with the natioanls being at Rooty Hill, but it is patently unfair for the more remote states to have to travel such vast distances at such inflated cost.

All over the place, Ryan. Adelaide hosted a few. I remember in the late 90's as a junior bowling in Adelaide, and we needed two centres to cram events in back then. I believe the old Perth centres did host a few over the years, but that's well before my time too.

As a proud West Australian, Brenton makes a very good point. As a two time Rachuig representative I can say there is a decent cost involved usually a minimum of $1700 and if you want a bit of spends allow up to $2500, I dont know what the other state's player fork out in comparison but imagine it would be far less. It is a cost that we bear voluntarily. We are all adults, and we can say yes I can afford this or no I cant. Airfares are fairly cheap ($189 Perth to Melb for example) but the rest of the costs stack up. If nationals were moved around on principle every year who knows you may just attract bowlers who cant normally attend, you may get people hooked and attract the crucial members TBA sorely needs for membership.

Just by moving a tournament around each year.

The attitude may also be shifting because WA has been apparently allocated the Youth Champs for 2013 if I read the website correctly, so there is apparently a want for people to change the rut we have seemingly fallen into.

Perhaps the adults could follow suit? It doesnt matter where.

I remember doing a Junior Nationals at Melville, south of Perth in the early 90's when I started playing and an adult nationals at Cannington in Perth which must have been around the mid 90's.

I believe Robina on the the Gold Coast was a better option, hopefully next year it will change

Seems bad enough that you have to play cricket for NSW if you want to bat for Australia, but now you find out that bias is being imparted on our National Championships. I say that you will now find less and less people bowling at the Nationals if it is permanently at Rooty Hill. I say seperate the AMF Masters event from the Nationals and move the Nationals around like they should be to all states. Let AMF keep the Masters at Rooty Hill if they are going to have a cry about there sponsorship of the event but do not pander to there whinging when it comes to the Nationals. The Nationals belong to the bowlers and not to bloody AMF!

Seems bad enough that you have to play cricket for NSW if you want to bat for Australia, but now you find out that bias is being imparted on our National Championships. I say that you will now find less and less people bowling at the Nationals if it is permanently at Rooty Hill. I say seperate the AMF Masters event from the Nationals and move the Nationals around like they should be to all states. Let AMF keep the Masters at Rooty Hill if they are going to have a cry about there sponsorship of the event but do not pander to there whinging when it comes to the Nationals. The Nationals belong to the bowlers and not to bloody AMF!
Will we gain as many bowlers by moving it and NOT having masters, versus the number we think we'll lose if it stays in one place for a few years?

And not only competitor numbers, but entry numbers - apparently this year saw an explosion in higher grade singles events (masters qualifiers), we lose those as well.

Objectively for the sport (bearing in mind I haven't bowled a competitive ball since 2009), the events need each other at the moment and Rooty Hill is undeniably one of the best venues available for an event like this.

Back
Top Bottom