Low scoring for Seniors Nationals at Rooty Hill

dockers

Senior Bowlers had frustrating results at Rooty Hill during the 50th Nationals, whoever set the condition should be ashamed. AMF Masters is now finished with the Overseas bowlers taking home our Australian Title & money times have certainly changed to the detriment of the sport in this country. Rachuig goes to New Zealand for Men & Combined next they will want it played in N.Z. Congratulations to Don Atkinson for 50 appearances at Nationals really worthy of a Life Membership. Fred Allsop & Sue Cassell worthy of Hall of Fame induction. I could go ON & ON. Dockers.

Senior Bowlers had frustrating results at Rooty Hill during the 50th Nationals, whoever set the condition should be ashamed. AMF Masters is now finished with the Overseas bowlers taking home our Australian Title & money times have certainly changed to the detriment of the sport in this country. Dockers.

Can you please elaborate? I'd like to know what you're complainig about. Is it that the lanes were too easy or too hard for the Australians?

The overseas bowlers are leaving with the money because they earned it. Jason Walsh could have knocked out the eventual winner with a double in the 10th frame of their second game but came up short... Belmo could have beaten runner up Mike Fagan but threw splits in the 9th and 10th frames... The Aussie guys were competitive but came up short. Not to mention that there was also 2 Aussie ladies fighting for a spot in the final, Lexi and Jacinta also fell short.

As for exposure, what better way is there to promote the sport here than to have the worlds best bowlers here. If anything it's shown us that we can be competitive but it also highlights what we need to do to be competitive against these guys.

As Shayne said... Don't get bitter... get better

Just out of interest, to those who don't know, Dockers won, among other things,the womens National Allstar in 1964, the Australian Masters in 1967, and the NSW Open in 1986.
Jim

Regarding low scores just ask the Seniors who competed what they thought of the condition & how many were in tears. Only seven men scored better than their average in Rachuig. Considering the cost to represent it is no wonder States have difficulty getting bowlers to fill teams. Explain to me how to get BETTER. Dockers

ROY -Roy- Roy !!!. It's ONLY Bowling?? ONLY. That'd like saying it's ONLY a game. AAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH. - ROY!!

Doreen I am surprised, scores and averages really don't mean anything, you are competing against people. Does it really matter whether you score 190 or 230? It is whether you play better than the other bloke.

"Explain to me how to get BETTER"
Really simple, have some leagues that are not on ditched up conditions so that skills improve.

I bowled Seniors & Rachuig. Surpised how well the body has held up after 80 odd games in 2 weeks. While I bowled like a turd In Rachuig as did many I found the conditions during Seniors (wont say easy) but have certainly bowled on harder conditions. You throw a good shot, you got rewarded, you threw crap, you left crap. As it should be.

And on what condition did you expect that the Australian bowlers where going to finish in front of the likes of Fagan, Jones, Mika, Mclelland, Osku & Wu etc. As previously said, the aussies had there chances & didnt take them.

Rob Chinner said it all.

I bowled "like a turd" during the seniors challenge. It was not the fault of the condition (or those who set it) that I did so. I had the perfect ball, line and reaction. What I didn't have was something lose to a decent technique to make use of that condition.

The scores bowled by crankers and strokers alike on the same condition shows thsat the seniors need to lift their games. I know I will be practising harder.

In Bowling ther will always be whingers and complainers

The Aussies bowled really well in the Masters , a bit of carry here or there would have seen different results, thats Bowling
Watching Jason Walsh was a pleasure in the finals
Watching Lexi Nicoll and Sharon Rigney was fantastic, Jacinta did really well
We were playing some of the best in the world , Tommy Jones was out early !!!

As for Rachuig , Please !!!!
Rachuig was fantastic and some people did very , very well

As for Seniors complaining , come on some of our women and men bowled well

The pattern was not that hard, it was just not easy like the leagues you all bowl in
Had we put down a THS the USA guys would have averaged 260 plus

I would say another Fantastic Nationals At Rooty Hill has been played out

Not quiet over yet with the restricted stuff on right now !!!!

Practice, Learn , Practice = improve

Geoff, sorry to hear you address restricted bowlers as STUFF they are the bread and butter of this industry. If they dont bowl leagues in centres they would all close. Too much given to elite, a little to Seniors and NOTHING to the restricted which I think is a terrible name to describe bowlers. Dockers

Doreen I don't understand what you mean by "Too much given to elite, a little to Seniors and NOTHING to the restricted" if all bowl on the same condition it is easy to see the skill levels. If the condition were bone dry and seniors had to heave the ball down the lane to clear the heads there would be a justifiable complaint. Are you suggesting that the lanes be ditched up for the seniors and other bowlers to satisfy their egos. Scores don't matter, Skill levels and knowledge matter.

Baz. $100,000 to elite. $8000 to Seniors. Nothing except what the restricted bowlers contribute to their Prize Fund for the Nationals how unfair is that. You are talking about conditions we are on a different wavelength I was on about the money. Dockers

Senior Bowlers had frustrating results at Rooty Hill during the 50th Nationals, whoever set the condition should be ashamed. AMF Masters is now finished with the Overseas bowlers taking home our Australian Title & money times have certainly changed to the detriment of the sport in this country. Rachuig goes to New Zealand for Men & Combined next they will want it played in N.Z. Congratulations to Don Atkinson for 50 appearances at Nationals really worthy of a Life Membership. Fred Allsop & Sue Cassell worthy of Hall of Fame induction. I could go ON & ON. Dockers.

May have been refering to original post. Nothing about money in that

Doreen, I think it's the same for all sports, look at the Aust Open tennis, millions of dollars for the main draw and the seniors and others play but never heard about.

Baz. $100,000 to elite. $8000 to Seniors. Nothing except what the restricted bowlers contribute to their Prize Fund for the Nationals how unfair is that. You are talking about conditions we are on a different wavelength I was on about the money. Dockers
The seniors are free to compete in the main game, as are the restricted. Many did so. Are you saying TBA/AMF should put up $100,000 for the restricted? Sure thing, I'll start my "average management" now.

You're shot at Geoff was way off the mark. I only read positive in his post.

You mention only a few Rachuig bowlers bowled over average. Exactly, in a metally and physically tough 5 person teams envioronment, on a pattern which is designed to play fair, suit a variety of styles and hold up for more than 3 games. I'm sure no one in Rachuig cares wether they got close to their house shot inflated averages.

Do you have a point or are you just wanting to complain about nothing in particular?

Back
Top Bottom