Here we go again Seniors at Townsville.

dockers

Just checked the low scores for Seniors Cup in Townsville just like they had at Rooty Hill Caboolture and Keon Park. No wonder the Nationals are going downhill with entries. Having trouble getting States to fill teams including Rachuig. So sad that bowlers have to fight the condition & I believe the Air Conditioning at Kirwin is not working well. Dockers.

I bowled there last night in 2 squads going in with a 210 average and only threw a 195 average for the six, I think bowlers are too used to bowling on a house shot (ditch) that when they go away to nationally ranked events they struggle on the tougher patterns, I thought there was plenty of play on the condition it's just a matter of being accurate, I'll be back there next weekend for the start of rachuig and I honestly can't wait for a good challenge

Frank

On a side note, the nationals have used the same pattern for the past three years I believe.. Obviously plays differently on 15 yr old hpl's than on gen1 anvilanes.. I think you'll find numbers maybe down due to cost of travel this year for the western and southern states

When you spend hundreds of dollars to travel and pay fees to bowl entering with a 200 average then you qualify with a 160 average that is unfair.

Doesn't mean that you are a 200 average bowler tho. My son bowled his first Presidents Shield this year and shot 29 pins below his entering average because of the tough condition. He can't wait to go back next year to challenge himself to do better. Who cares what you score AS LONG AS YOU WIN!

Yes very impressive scores....I'm sure they will be busting to get back there next time.....:)

I have just finished bowling in the Restricted. The lanes are a lot tougher than I was used to (am a noob with a high handicap), but managed to bowl above average for the comp. Why? Because the lanes were a challenge and I had to really work on accuracy and consistency. I also learnt a lot during the play (probably because the lanes were different).

So, yes, the scores will be low, especially for those who live on the "easier" lanes. Where is the challenge if we only play when it is easy?

Dockers, are you suggesting that when i travel to the PBA World Series of Bowling this weekend, that if i dont equal or better my 235 Entering Average then it is "unfair"? Wild Turkey hit the nail on the head, bowlers in Australia have become far too used to bowling on the wide open house shot it has eliminated any need or desire to get better and when they encounter a difficult pattern, they just blame the pattern because they dont score well...................

Doesn't mean that you are a 200 average bowler tho. My son bowled his first Presidents Shield this year and shot 29 pins below his entering average because of the tough condition. He can't wait to go back next year to challenge himself to do better. Who cares what you score AS LONG AS YOU WIN!

Brenton how can you win when you dont make the CUT.

What am I missing?

If the 200avg house shot bowlers avg is 175 at Townsville and the 180avg house shot bowlers avg is 160 at Townsville aren't the top bowlers still cutting?

Brenton how can you win when you dont make the CUT.

Having a league average of 200 does not and should not guarantee you will cut in a tournament. Consider other factors. I'm told by people competing that the airconditioning is not working. If that is the case you can bet that is having a detrimental effect on scoring

The only issue I see here is people who bowled on THS & have inflated averages, thinking that they are really a 200 average bowler. How do people really expect to cut in a tournament like the nationals, which uses a fairly tough sport pattern, if they only bowl on a THS? It's not hard to average 200 on a THS, as the THS will mask a lot of deficiencies one has in their game. When they go bowl on a sport shot, those deficiencies are exposed.

The only issue I see here is people who bowled on THS & have inflated averages, thinking that they are really a 200 average bowler. How do people really expect to cut in a tournament like the nationals, which uses a fairly tough sport pattern, if they only bowl on a THS? It's not hard to average 200 on a THS, as the THS will mask a lot of deficiencies one has in their game. When they go bowl on a sport shot, those deficiencies are exposed.

Two bowlers who have a 200 average Barb Richmond scored 158.5 and Steve Bell 173.9 are you saying their average is masked by deficiences.

Two bowlers who have a 200 average Barb Richmond scored 158.5 and Steve Bell 173.9 are you saying their average is masked by deficiences.

Maybe they have just had a bad day. The difference being that on a pattern like the Nationals pattern, there is a lot less room for error. House patterns are much more forgiving.

If you get your speed, roll or target wrong on a difficult pattern, and going to have a major impact on scoring.

That's just how it is. And it's how it should be.

Amagill is right, Dockers; no matter what way you look at it.

It's the peak of national tournament... If someone bowls at league on a THS; its natural they will shoot below their average.. Afterall; its purposely a harder condition..

Out of curiosity? Who is leading seniors? and what is their average?..

Back
Top Bottom