Rob Buckley 300 #6

Shadows Fall

Prince of Darkness
Congratulations to Robbie "Captain Asparagus" Buckley who bowled his 6th 300 on lanes 3&4 at Kirwan tonight.

The first 11 were pure, then by missing his mark by almost an arrow his 12th shot cannoned into the Brooklyn side with all of the pins going down.

Robbie has been bowling well in recent weeks without luck, so it looks like the carry gods have finally smiled on him

For anyone who was interested Robbie was actually using a bowling ball that was made after 1980 and actually had a reactive cover stock :D

It was (I believe) a Storm Virtual World

Congrats. Robbie - disappointed though that you were not bowling that concrete coloured ball you used forever down here in the deep south. Your enthusiasm and dedication to the game is a credit to you. NOW, looking for a $50 Silver Sponsorship for Qld. Ladies Classic ????

Thanks guys, terrible last shot but I guess they all even out in the long run. Mary you should be ashamed of yourself calling a Grey Angle 'concrete coloured' lol - if it still had a logo on it I'd still be using it. ;)

As long as it makes it up the ball returns Robbie, it's fair game. :D

I know I've re-engraved a couple of serial #'s back onto balls ;)

Thanks guys, terrible last shot but I guess they all even out in the long run. Mary you should be ashamed of yourself calling a Grey Angle 'concrete coloured' lol - if it still had a logo on it I'd still be using it. ;)
Yes, Mary. There's going to be quite a few offended concreters out there when they read that! Rob, if you've bowled a 230 or higher with one of those things, that's worth 300! Geez, they were terrible in urethane days!:) And tough! Like drilling masonry! Rob, you must have bowled a million games to wear a logo off it!

Yes, Mary. There's going to be quite a few offended concreters out there when they read that! Rob, if you've bowled a 230 or higher with one of those things, that's worth 300! Geez, they were terrible in urethane days!:) And tough! Like drilling masonry! Rob, you must have bowled a million games to wear a logo off it!

Either that or he resurfaced it. LIke maybe 6 times.............:p:eek:

Nasty....
I found it second hand at a Cash Converter, bit the worse for wear. Been resurfaced a few times, too, need to keep them smooth or they hook at your feet;). Had a 1000-odd/4 and a 289 with it, but since retired it for something even harder and uglier (found an undrilled Slate UDot!). It's on the rack at the bowl somewhere, along with my GTB and LT48. Ahhh, the good old days...

Back
Top Bottom