Road Ragers - Vent here!!

Fitzy

Underpaid
[Disclaimer]
When it comes to the public roads people tend to forget their manners. Please remember this is a forum and any discriminatory remarks are not welcome.

While reading and posting to this thread, remember that not all road rules are the same between the states (I believe).

Everyone makes mistakes, I've made a few myself. ;)
[/Disclaimer]

Let's hear what frustrates you on the roads these days!

Here is a thread that could potentially go on for sometime. I can already think of six or seven items though I will stick with the one that nearly had the same tool wipe me out twice tonight!!

STAY IN YOUR OWN LANE!!!!

I understand that some people have very expensive cars and your vehicle may be worth $75 000 while my car just $5000 or so (if I'm lucky). This however does not give you the right to use two lanes (yours and mine) while turning around a bend in the road! Everyone has the right to a FULL lane.

If you can't keep your vehicle between two lines, please hand back your license!!

Cheers,

Rhyss.

Oh my God...
this is the thread for me.

Ok...so I understand that you need to change lanes in order to reach your exit.
However, how about next time, you INDICATE, check your BLIND SPOT and then proceed to move.
Honestly, I have almost been wiped out 4 times within the week due to people who insist on moving without looking and/or indicating.
Is it really that hard?

...more to come...

women drivers.......
drivers who don't indicate.........
drivers who just don't know road rules........
arrogant drivers who think they own the road because they are in an expensive car.......
women drivers.......
sth aussie drivers........
drivers who cut off people at roundabouts........
women drivers.......
drivers who speed past my house every night and nothing ever gets done about them.....
drivers who sit at the lights for 10 minutes after they go green......
women drivers.......

women drivers.......
women drivers.......
women drivers.......
women drivers.......

You havnt driven with me have you?
Im going to go out on a limb here and say that I am not your typical woman driver.

- people that dont indicate.
- people that indicate after moving.
- old men in hats.
- people that sit in the fast lane if they're not going fast.
- tollbooths.
- people that sit for ages at a green light.

People who dont indicate...
People who just drop there speed down to 40 on the freeway!
People who do 60km on a national freeway while travelling in the right lane!

People who think that they're a better driver than the one they're complaining about.

If you've gotten one or more moving violations in your life, then you are the 'bad' driver, not them!

people who forget that they were learner drivers' themselves once, and who derive no greater pleasure than trying to cut off a learner driver as she gets used to peak hour traffic. Even worse are the ones who find the horn their best friends, because the learner driver in front of them is travelling AT the speed limit rather than over it........

I haven't had a ticket of any sort in over 20 years Wayne. How is your record?

Last one I got was speeding in June 1988.

Drivers that sit on 80 in a 100 zone (single lane) then speed up to 110 as soon as you both hit the overtaking lanes
drivers doing the exact same thing as above, but once you hit the overtaking lane, they overtake an equally slow car that was ahead of them but dont make it, therefore pulling back into the exact same spot as they were in!!!

Sorry, I haven't checked since I started this thread, thankfully the majority have 'understood' my intentions of this thread.

Again, No discrimanatory remarks please! I had a feeling someone was going to say something discriminatory. No b!tch fighting also! why cannot one thread not have petty squabbles?

My intention of this thread is to have a collective knowledge base (that is hopefully amuzing to read) of useful facts of common rules that are blatantly ignored or intentionally broken day in and day out (I put it down to ignorance or stupidity). Hopefully people reading this thread can 'learn' something new and/or REFLECT on their own driving habits after reading other peoples opinions and references to actual road rules if possible.

No posts like "because they cut me off" otherwise we will have a thread with millions of useless posts. That will defeat my hope for this thread by making it boring to read.

Examples:
IGNORANCE
I admit I have caught myself guilty of this one!! Many times! ;) SORRY!:surrender:
Daydreaming (or purposely) sitting in the right lane where the speed limit is over 80! People if it is over 80 you must keep left unless overtaking.
Conversely don't sit on someones arse trying to make them move left if it is 80 or under as they are not required too! Although it would be courteous to do so though and should be done anyway, just for respect.

Stupidity
Speed limits around roadworks are NOT OPTIONAL! If the sign says '40 Roadworks Ahead' that does not mean 'Go 40 if you see blue and red lights flashing' or 'Go 40 if you feel like it' or 'Go 60/80 until you see a roadworker then slam on your brakes to avoid killing him/her'!!
It means decelerate to 40 kmph and stay at that speed until indicated otherwise!!

Cheers,
Rhyss.

This is a Canberra gripe - Drivers who cannot be bothered parking between the lines or remotely parallel to them. Also driver's who can't merge in traffic without coming to a near stop. (Canberra drivers are bad for this one too...)

And this is from my Sydney days and lives on. 4WD's. They don't go, they don't stop and they don't handle like cars and they're as thirsty as hell. There should be some left lane rule as is unspoken (but mostly complied with) by truckies these days to allow the rest of the world some chance of seeing where the traffic is moving. 4WD's also don't have to comply with roll cage requirements that cars have, despite being easier to roll and if you hit someone or are hit in one, you're nearly always above the impact point, so the rate of head injury is quite high in them, as the occupants are shunted upwards and out of their 3 point seat belts. They're getting better, but their time has come and gone, I'm hoping. For all our sakes.

I've got no issue with farmers having them or folks who need to meet towing requirements for business, but who else really has a legitimate demand for one of these autosauruses? I spent too long going home to the Blue Mountains stuck behind some smoke blowing behemoth carrying one person to ever see the use of them.

I don't think it is a rule but when a lane runs out, (generally left lane) and we all have to merge, it works a lot better if we have every second car from each lane. When some tool speeds up and tailgates to keep someone out, then the other lane has to brake, you get the picture. How much time does one car length really save?

I don't think it is a rule but when a lane runs out, (generally left lane) and we all have to merge, it works a lot better if we have every second car from each lane. When some tool speeds up and tailgates to keep someone out, then the other lane has to brake, you get the picture. How much time does one car length really save?

Ahahaha, this was going to be my next one. But I am on the other side with this one bluey. [In Queensland, Part 11 section 148] The rules do specify what happens with this one and that is, if your lane ends you must give way. In actual fact every car in the right lane have every right to go close together and 'block up' the left lane.

This is because it comes down to the simple rule of YOU CANNOT OVERTAKE IN THE LEFT HAND LANE!! How many tools do you see, come to this circumstance and put the foot down in a lane that is ending, to go that extra car space ahead?
As you say how much time does one car length make?? Why do drivers need to create a dangerous situation by committing an illegal offense to get that extra car length ahead??

If you are a conscientious driver you can generally see that the lane is going to end ahead, well before you reach it and there will ALWAYS be a sign saying 'LEFT LANE ENDS MERGE RIGHT'. Why wait until you get to the merge and overtake a car or two? why not just merge as soon as possible and avoid committing an illegal manoeuvre?
If all drivers FOLLOW THE RULES it would be even smoother than your suggestion as the merge will be 'done' well before the merge point and traffic will remain free flowing at the merge point.

By judging an alternate entry as you suggest, it will cause traffic to flow, though EXTREMELY slowly. That is why there are always choke points at peek times on merging sections on freeways and motorways. You are required to give way to merging traffic hence the alternate entry situation occurs and traffic builds up to a virtual parking lot.

Yes Fitzy, l see your point, merging earlier is better for all. If you are on a multy-lane marked road, is it still illegal to pass on the left? I thought it was only on none marked roads it was illegal?

If you are on a multy-lane marked road, is it still illegal to pass on the left? I thought it was only on none marked roads it was illegal?

Can only speak of Queensland, no it is not illegal to pass on the left of a multi-lane road, if the vehicle can be safely passed in a marked lane.

The difference is that when a lane is ending you no longer have a marked lane to pass in.

Interesting you brought that up, I was listening to a prominent radio personality (Spoonman - My favourite show on radio - Spoonie you Rock!!) last year, who was booked for just that reason and he said he didn't fight it. I wanted to ring to tell him to fight it but was in my car and no chance to get to phone. In Queensland he would have successfully beat that booking. I think he is based in Sydney maybe it is different down that way ?? - Any Blues on here that can shed some info??

My logic says, if a vehicle is traveling under speed in a right hand lane, why should every vehicle to the left be forced to pace them?? Mind you if you are going slow then you should be in the left anyways, but hey, who follows the rules these days?!?! ;)

Hope this helps - best to check with your states road legislation though, there are minor differences between states with regards to road rules, maybe that is why Spoonie didn't challenge?! Dunno?

Cheers,

Rhyss.

Back
Top Bottom