Riding the lane?

If the person riding the lane was a Victorian then you are in the wrong , just kidding.
Many people tend to ride their shots time to time its just a part of bowling , what i do is not get up on the lane until they have finished.
Try not to let it bother you , some bowlers do it for that reason. Or next time you bowl ride a few shots it is quite fun

Chrissy

Your account balance is $0.02 to continue reciving my quality opinions please remit payment as soon as possible

I'm not 100% on the rules about lane riding, but I know i've had a couple of instances in the past, where I haven't waited for the bowler next to me to be completely off the lane appraoch before I started bowling & a couple of times they rode their lane & ended up in front of me.

General ettiquette is to give way to the lane either side of yours, some tourny's even require you to give wat to two lanes either side of yours.

These days, I now wait until the bowler next me is completely off the lane approach before I start bowling.

TBA rules state that you are aloud to ride 1 lane, either the 1 to the left of you or the 1 to the right of you but as soon as you go past 1 lane you should be warned or carded. the smart thing to do is if idiots like that are trying to put you off the shot or just being idiots let them go, when they are off the approch then you can bowl and let the officals or 'league president' deal with them

As far as I have ever been aware, riding is ok, provided they do not go over 1 lane from their own lane.
Eg. Person A bowling on Lane 3 can ride across Lane 4 but not cross onto Lane 5's approach.
But then, I don't know what ECCC ruling on lane riding was... And besides, since lane riding is permitted at some points, should you really be that quick to have your shot while the person next to you is still up near the foul line?

who is in da wrong? me or the fool who was riding the lane?

I could be wrong but you have to wait till the bowler on the approach has finished his shot and has returned back past the ball machine. I'm sure you are allowed 1 lane ride in the TBA rule book, either side. Any one got a rule book handy

I went and had a look for my rule book. But couldn't find it. But like you say, I'm pretty sure that it states you are allowed a 1 lane ride. And that you are supposed to wait for the person next to you to return past the ball return before either getting up on the approach or starting your approach.

If all that is the case then I'm sorry Pudgey, but it is your own fault.

I could be wrong but you have to wait till the bowler on the approach has finished his shot and has returned back past the ball machine. I'm sure you are allowed 1 lane ride in the TBA rule book, either side. Any one got a rule book handy
Hey Hammer check out preious threads that have quoted the TBA rule.
Cheers
Graham

lol yeah u can only ride one lane i am a serial lane rider and sometimes get a bit carried away and ride 3 or 4 i have been told that if i do more my shot gets disqualifed lol which sucks lol it is still good to do when a big crowd is watching lol

Hey, the rules were about lane riding at eccc(i was bowling) yes you can ride lanes, but you must walk back on the lane you just bowled on. i guess its nobody fault, i didnt see it happen, but i think i have a idea who it would be. but i guess the lane rider should have been abit more careful. just a little tip tho, when you are up on the lanes and somebody just bowled before you, dont step off to bowl until they are almost back at the ball return.
Brett

Brett its lachlan the person who u bowled with 1st in masters u only lost by like less than 10 pins

how you going?

The quote below is straight out of the TBA rule Book.
CHAPTER 2
GENERAL
RULE 201 BOWLING ETIQUETTE

4. Stay on your own approach at all times. “Riding” balls is permitted as long as the bowler does not move outside of one lane either side of the delivery lane.
Isn't this a contradiction?
How can one stay on ones approach at all times but be allowed to ride 1 lane either side?
I can't work it out!!!!

Mabey it means don't walk back on the approach of the other lane, but you may step to the side of your lane.

lol don't worry about that, it says your allowed one lane either side, and im guessing it goes for ALL TOURNAMENTS!!! so its settled. all this business about not being able to ride lanes is poo.. for the younger kids of sport and our very famous BELMO, its a way of rubbing our well achieved great shot in to the opponent. Its also a fun way to be competitive. people who personally don't like it arn't much fun to watch :p.. don't take it personally bowling itself takes a lot of effort to watch...!!

krystal

Back
Top Bottom