Tips for the budding Mechanic!!

baron

Tip one: Oiling the lanes
Always one of my pet hates I hated oiling the lanes especially on a Sunday morning with a raging hang-over and why anyone would want to bowl league on a Sunday I will never know. There had to be an easier way so eventually I would just push the Century (or worse the ol Uni-matic)up the side aisle and leave it parked there. Then I would spend the next hour in the canteen ****ing back coffee or playing pinnies with Wimpy and when bowlers started filtering in I would just push it straight down the back again. For added effect I would sometimes unwind the cord and plug it in. Worked for years and the look on the bowlers faces was priceless.

Tip 2: Keeping cool on a hot summers day
When I was a mechanic way back in the 80's we didnt have fancy things like air conditioners no no no we had to resort to other means. One of my favourites was to get a couple of damp clean lane towels and lay them on the catwalks on top of lanes 11 and 12. Then put both lanes on workshop and make sure any bowlers who came in were put right down the other end (trouble bells turned off of course) Then I would crank the ceiling fan above 11 and 12 up to full speed, grab a few more towels for a pillow, and turn the back-end motors on then lay back with my feet up on the railings and let the gentle rocking of the machine put me to sleep. Ahhh getting sleepy just thinking about it. Of couse a quick dip in Gio's pool always helped. Answered many a call wringing wet in my togs.
Tip 3: Cleaning pins
Another job I hated. This ones easy. Get some other dope to do it. I was lucky I had Foxxy just learning at the time so I used to lock him in the pin room until he had cleaned the whole set then send him off to HJ's to get my tea. On the rare occasion that I actually cleaned some pins I tell ya they were the cleanest pins you ever did see. My record for a shift was 30 but they took me the whole 8 hours and they were spotless. Broke my heart having to put them back into circulation.

More tips soon Baron
icon_wink.gif

Yes , Yes , Yes and there i s amny more stories i have heard about you baron from old ray and foxy and what about the ladies leagues ?

Im sure everyone would like to hear more baron !!!!!!!!!!!!
icon_wink.gif
icon_razz.gif

Back
Top Bottom