NRL Season almost here a quick preview

Cam S

BEEEEEEEEEAVER
Only 8 days away from the season opening Double header and i think its going to be the closest season yet.
Here's my take on the teams this year
Brisbane - premiers and havent missed the finals since 1989 even if they struggle they will finish 8th
My tip 3rd

Melbourne - Only missed the 8 twice since coming in to the comp great coach they will be there. They were the best team last year except for the 80 minutes when it mattered the most they have one of the best coaches in the league and an awesome amount of talent.
My Tip Premiers

Canterbury - Awesome foward pack, crafty half back unless the contract thing with Sonny Bill, Hazem and O'meley blows up they'll be there
My tip 5th

Cowboys - Quality team underperformed last year very smart buy of jason smith will take heaps of pressure of Thurston
My tip Runners up

Newcastle - New coach best player the games ever seen, same old same old if Joey stays on the field they will finish no lower than 6th
My tip 4th

Manly - Were very solid last year boosted by Lyon depleted losing BK and kylie unless theres a serious injury they'll finished atleast 8th Massive Question mark over the forwards Watmough and Jason King need to stand up this year.
My tip 6th (heres hoping they finish 6 places higher :) )

Tigers - Premiers two years ago great young players awesome coach u wouldnt be surprised if they made the 8
My Tip 10th

Saints - alot of talent and great pack of fowards and they would have done it tough losing Bailey, Barret and timmins now gasiner is gone for the season the mountain will be too big to climb for them.
My tip 11th

Paramatta - had two seasons last year one of underachieving in the first half then were one of the better teams on the home streach, they have the talent and a premiership winning coach u would expect them there or there abouts.
My tip 8th

Roosters - another team u just have no idea about, bought a two time premiership winning coach, added some good forwards, massive question mark over 6 and 7 though as there has been since freddy retired. You wouldnt fall off ure chair if they were in the bottom of the 8
My tip 9th

Warriors - Like parra came home like a steam train in 2006 and won enough games to make final 8. Another year under Ivan Clearly and lead by Price and wiki u would think they would be around the 8.
My tip 7th

Sharks - The Movie "40 year old Virgin" was based on the sharks and They wont lose it this year however whos to say under ricky stuart they might finally cross home base in the next couple of season. If they made the 8 you wouldnt be shocked.
My tip 14th

Titans - Awesome recruiting and good coaching staff, some people are saying they look good for the spoon but that wont be the case if they avoid injuries they could knock on the door of the 8.
My Tip 12th

Souths - They made more off season Purchases than Imelda Marcos at a shoe shop, but have bought some quality in that Big Roy Asstotasi, Vagana and Widders are great signings, their best signing was the coach Jason "Oneday Cricket" Taylor. Like their neighbours the roosters theres a massive question mark on their 6 and 7. If they get a roll on they could nudge 8th spot
My Tip 13th

Penrith - Underachievers since 2004 another club with a new coach and lets not forget this bloke worked wonders at canberra with minimal talent.
The wild card for them is Firman if he strikes a combo with gowie and gowie can keep his clothes on they too can lay claims on a place in the 8
My tip 15th

Canberra - Sorry jase ;) Every man and his dog is tipping these poor buggers to win the wooden spoon and sadly i think they will be right however the last time i think we saw a squad a weak as this (besides souths 2002 - 2006) was the Manly run Northern Eagles in 2002 and they came within a game of making the finals. Is going to be a tough year for them and i think anything higher than 11th would be an awesome effort.
My tip 16th

So you look thru the 16 teams i think we can realistically say theres 5 or 6 potiental premiers there and 15 of 16 sides could make the 8.
End of the day it will probably come down too a couple of things
Injuries
Depth and who fires at the right time of year.

Just thought i would like to add as remote as it may be, down here in Sydney the sports talk shows have been running rife with talk that Trent Barrett hates it at Wigan and is looking to come home already back to the dragons.

Personally even though i am a dragons fan and in the current situation with our five eighth ranks it would be great as we only have kids that can play the position at the moment, unless he wants to play for nothing and only match payments from the NRL it is not going to happen because the salary cap has already been reached but if they could work something out i think we might be a chance at finishing somewhere in the 8 again.

As it stands right now if we managed 8th position i would be celebrating like we had won the grand final because the stocks are severely depleted.

My tip before a ball has been kicked in anger is and i hate to say it because i don't like them, THE MELBOURNE STORM.

Michael Mclaren
tickets for short lol

You have got it all wrong!!!!

1.Cowboys
2.Storm
3.Broncos
4.Canterbury
5.Manly
6.Titans
7.Roosters
8.Newcastle
9.Saints
10.Eels
11.Tigers
12.Souths
13.Raiders
14.Sharks
15.Penrith
16.Warriors

Cheers Grayden

Tix, it's ironic how that story broke just after Gasnier became injured.

I think it would be a damn shame if they didn't give Richie Williams a decent opportunity. I here the kids a gun.

Wrong...All Wrong.
Preliminary Finals - Broncos v Titans and Storm v Cowboys
Grand Final - Brisbane Broncos v Nth Queensland Cowboys
Premiers - North Queensland Cowboys

Oh and South Sydney to make the finals this year. My tip 8th

AND as far as the Dragons go, my original tip for them was last, but now that Gaysnier is injured my new tip for the Dragons is....well... last.
DRAGONS 2007 WOODEN SPOONERS

Hornby carries Gasnier. He's not a play maker and the Dragons are better off with out him in that position. Dragons will make the 8.

in relation to richie williams, i agree this is the perfect opportunity to get a real five eighth blooded in the role and yes the kid is dynamic from what i have seen when i watch him in the lower grades this kid has the potential to be anything but we will see what happens when he takes the step up in class, i am confident he will do well.

As for Deadman Inc its obvious you have no time for Sydney teams but to each he's own because the sides you have picked to make the last 4 do have merit but they won't all be there.

This is how it will eventuate

Preliminary Finals - Melbourne v Brisbane, Canterbury v New Zealand (my smokies to have a big year)

Grand Final - Melbourne v Canterbury
Premiers - Melbourne. there team just looks far and away above all other squads but its all about having an injury free year and peaking at the right time.

As for the Dragons as already stated i think if they can finish possibly 8th i will be very happy but we are now in a rebuilding phase again and yet again the horse has bolted with another great side missing the opportunity to win a competition but this will never stop me from supporting the team i have supported since 1979 when they last one a competition.

Go get em dragons there is no pressure just enjoy the year and play good footy because as a supporter all i ask is that you give 100% and whether it is good enough or not i will be very proud of the red V again.

Michael Mclaren
tickets for short lol

:sleeping: :sleeping:

:-({|= :-({|=

Daryl Kerrigan just called me and had a short message for ya's....

"Tell 'em there Dreamin"

Come on punters we all know who's the ladder's gunna look this year...

1st: Eels

2nd to 16th Who cares!!!!

\\:D/ \\:D/ \\:D/ \\:D/

please.....some one stop me im :eek:nfire: LMAO :D

Like the Roosters, the Bulldogs and Dragons will fade as NRL powerhouse clubs and miss the finals this year. Teams like the Warriors, Tigers and even South Sydney will have a good year and make the top 8. Sorry Chowny but the Eels will just miss out and finish 9th. The Storm will be consistant all year and should finish Minor Premiers. Broncos will have a slow start like every year and start to make their charge after the State of Origin series. But the Cowboys are a wounded animal after missing the finals last year, with Thurston, Smith, Payne and Matty Bowen they will dominate most teams to finish the 2007 NRL Premiers.

Now that Sonny Bill has seen the light and realised that he is ALREADY at the best club in the competition, he has dutifully signed his contract, and the Bullies are ready to roll. So long as he remains injury free, we may just get our monies worth out of him this year!!!
See ya's in the grand final!!!!;)

Everyone has it wrong especially with the wooden spooners

after 25 rounds

1. Melbourne Storm
2. Brisbane Broncos
3. North Queensland
4. Bulldogs
5. Manly Warringah Sea Eagles
6. Newcastle Knights
7. New Zealand Warriors
8. Wests Tigers
9. Gold Coast Titans
10. South Sydney
11. Parramatta Eels
12. Penrith Panthers
13. Sydney Roosters
14. Canberra Raiders
15. Sharks
16. St. George / Illawarra Dragons

My prediction is without studying too hard at the moment, will re predict after rd.5

I'll also say a Brisbane Vs Manly (ahh Manly) grand final
With Brisbane to repeat. If Brisbane don't then Melbourne or North Queensland.

Regards Nathan

just to pick you up nathan there are 25 rounds in this years competition, yes it is wierd but that is the case and believe it or not even though we have 16 teams there is still 1 bye for every team throughout the year, 4 teams at round 6 and then the remainder just before state of origins 1, 2 and 3.

By the way i am loving the fact that everyone is writing off the dragons before the comp even starts, the only way is up if everyone thinks we will finish last, with the exception of one or two good judges lol.

There will be a lot of people going how did they do that at the end of the year because if we cannot beat the jersey flegg Raiders, the Rabbits who will not meet expectations, the Sharks who are just rubbish and the Roosters, well i will be a dutch monkey because those teams are going to fight out the wooden spoon and to make a choice i will go with the Sharks to finish last because Ricky Stuart is a rubbish coach, i am still trying to work out why he is the coach of Australia when there are 15 better coaches in the NRL alone that could do the job better not to mention about 50 other lower grade coaches.

Michael Mclaren
tickets for short lol

Geesus Tix, with the embarrasment of riches in player talent here, I could successfully coach an Australian squad. ;)

:sleeping: :sleeping:
:-({|= :-({|=
Daryl Kerrigan just called me and had a short message for ya's....
"Tell 'em there Dreamin"
Come on punters we all know who's the ladder's gunna look this year...
1st: Eels
2nd to 16th Who cares!!!!

please.....some one stop me im :eek:nfire: LMAO :D
chowny chowny chowny
PARRA doesnt Matta :p
they'll be luckly to make the 8 ole son.
I reackon there should be some bets there should be some bets made ;)

Back
Top Bottom