Results for Seniors in Guam

At 11.30pm (12.30am Aust time) the second squad of teams are only just starting their third game.. The 7.30pm start time ended up being more like 9.30pm.. Coming to the middle of the third game we have Aussie men's teams in positions 1,2 & 3... Go boys..

Gold to ladies seniors team of janette baker, Robyn Flynn, Julie hird & Jill Morris. Well done girls.
Bronze to men's grand seniors team of Greig lyas, Jeff Elliot, Barry wicks and Steve bell... Aussie, Aussie, Aussie

Hi
If anyone has the full doubles and teams results can they please post them here, as we can't seem to get any information in NZ.
Thanks
Graham

we have created a facebook page with photos and results, search for 2011 Asian seniors bowling championships - Guam

I can't find this..........anyone else having difficulties locating it on fb?

Here is the final results for all, except the masters
JP

Attachments

• 11th Asian Seniors Bowling Championship Results.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 142
Congratulations to the 'chicks' Grand Senior women's team - GOLD .... Ann Kirby, Ursula (old bag) Ramsay, Chris Niquet and Val Porteous.

Thanks for results also ....

GOLD! GOLD! GOLD! GOLD!

Congratulations to the Grand Senior Lady Bowlers - Ann Kirby, Ursula Ramsay, Christine Niquet and Val Porteous winning GOLD in the teams event.

They were sitting in the silver position after 3 games the night before. Then in the last game they shot an 820 block (without handicap) and blitzed the leading Japanese Ladies by well over 100 pins.

A special mention for Ursula bowling a 256 in the game - not bad for a 78 year old.

Also, a special mention to Annie for bringing home a gold medal.

Other results, the men's seniors teams - a silver and a bronze.

The masters is in progress as I type this. Good luck to our bowlers in the masters.

Alan

It seems women done much better than men, wish man can win the master. From the score, the Chinese-Taipei guy has the best look

Thanks Brenton,

Appreciate the comments and absolutely stoked I brought home a Silver Medal at this level. Probably thought I could repeat the effort in the Doubles and Teams and tried too hard, but it just played a little differently ( for me ) 2 days after the Singles had finished. Will catch you soon.

Andrew C

Ursula Ramsay you are a true star .... I hope I can walk at your age plus your effort at Rooty Hill was truly amazing as well. Well done and congratualtions, you are a lovely lady.

Also congratulations to the other members as well, a great effort....

I would just like to say congratulations to Robyn Flynn on your superb bowling over in Guam over the past week. You have gone through so much this year and your results just show what a true, strong champion you are by going out there and winning a bag of medals. Bernie would be looking over you saying Go Robbie and would be extremely proud of you!!

Ursula Ramsay you are a true star .... I hope I can walk at your age plus your effort at Rooty Hill was truly amazing as well. Well done and congratualtions, you are a lovely lady.

Also congratulations to the other members as well, a great effort....
I have to second this sentiment. Urs, you are more than a good customer. You're a pin-up girl for growing old gracefully and even disgracefully (in the best possible way!) A gutsy player, lovely lady and a true champion to boot. Well done ladies. Congratulations.

Cheers,
Jason

I would just like to say congratulations to Robyn Flynn on your superb bowling over in Guam over the past week. You have gone through so much this year and your results just show what a true, strong champion you are by going out there and winning a bag of medals. Bernie would be looking over you saying Go Robbie and would be extremely proud of you!!

And I would suggest Bernie was leading the Aussie chant from above too. Well done to all medallists.

Some great news from Guam - JULIE HIRD has won the Senior Women's Masters by 3 pins. Wonderful effort from a very committed bowler and an awesome competitor.

Jeanette Baker took the Bronze - good bowling ladies !!!

Back
Top Bottom