The Golen Oldie!!!

bm2

I'm still standin'
The Australian Seniors team have had a very successful trip capped off this afternoon when Victorian bowler Rod "the Rocket" Stewart won the gold medal for the Mens Masters event. After leading overnite, Rod stayed in the top 2 positions during todays 7 games, finishing first before the positional round, and then beating his Japanese oponent hands down in the final match!

I don't have the scores, but they will be on the TBA website.

This morning, Ingrid Coburn and Pam Dowling finished 10th & 11th resepectively.

A memo to Peter Coburn: you told me once that to stand on the dais while the national anthem was played was truly an unforgettable event - today, Rod Stewart was on the number one stand, Julie Anthony would not sing as the tape did not want to play ball, so the Australians sang as one, and even though I was not on the dais, it felt like I was - never have I felt so proud to be Australian! :D

That is it for Guam now, tonite is the farewell banquet, and tomorrow evening we bid Hafa Adai to Guam and make the journey home - 8 bowlers, 11 medals, and lots of pictures. Thank you to all the bowlers who have sent messages of support, they have been all passed on. Will see you Friday!!!!

Broni 8)

Fantastic achievment, congratulations Rod!

Congratulations to the whole team, 8 bowlers and 11 medals. Great effort!

It has been a great couple of months for Australian bowlers and im sure the whole country is as proud as i am! Well done

Ronnie

well done dad wish we all could have been there to celebrate.
love from mac,lauren,zach,ben,jaclyn and daniel.
p.s hopefully this will make you give rachuig one more go next year. :D

Well done to all on a fine performance and well done to Rod on winning the masters, that's a fine effort.

Back
Top Bottom