Redcliffe City Junior Open 2006

Will people leave a post here if they are interested in bowling in it, maybe then it will go ahead if there is enough interest!
Probably need about 30 people.
It’s a lot complex than just say hey lets get 30 people together. I guess Redcliffe could do it if there were no prize money at the end… But then it’s bowling for nothing I guess?
As much as I tired to get it going (and like what other posts have set) you need the sponsorship to get the money in / and the support.
Say if the Redcliffe Junior Open was to go ahead it would cost on say 12 Games around $50.00 and that’s before a prize fund!
Maybe someone could suggest to the Tournament Director for the Redcliffe City Open that if there were a Junior Nomination Fee of say $15.00 the Redcliffe Junior Bowler could be crowned along side the Adult winner?? (The Fee would then be converted into a prize fund for 1st 2nd and 3rd). The junior bowler gets a little bit of cash on the side as well as bowling his or her guts out against the names such as George.
All it would then take is say 15 junior entry and you have a prize fund of 225 - $100 for 1st 75 for 2nd and $50.00 for third. Then the more junior bowlers you get the more prize money you get… it maybe a small amount of cash, but then it’s a start.
I know when I bowl with the best (and this is in my junior days) I bowled my first 200 Game. (I think it was a 215 at Kedron – AMF Kedron Vs. New Zealand)

It’s a lot complex than just say hey lets get 30 people together. I guess Redcliffe could do it if there were no prize money at the end… But then it’s bowling for nothing I guess?
As much as I tired to get it going (and like what other posts have set) you need the sponsorship to get the money in / and the support.
Say if the Redcliffe Junior Open was to go ahead it would cost on say 12 Games around $50.00 and that’s before a prize fund!
Maybe someone could suggest to the Tournament Director for the Redcliffe City Open that if there were a Junior Nomination Fee of say $15.00 the Redcliffe Junior Bowler could be crowned along side the Adult winner?? (The Fee would then be converted into a prize fund for 1st 2nd and 3rd). The junior bowler gets a little bit of cash on the side as well as bowling his or her guts out against the names such as George.
All it would then take is say 15 junior entry and you have a prize fund of 225 - $100 for 1st 75 for 2nd and $50.00 for third. Then the more junior bowlers you get the more prize money you get… it maybe a small amount of cash, but then it’s a start.
I know when I bowl with the best (and this is in my junior days) I bowled my first 200 Game. (I think it was a 215 at Kedron – AMF Kedron Vs. New Zealand)

good idea garfield! but then you have to look at it to that brunswick youth is on the same weekend as the adult open, are we going to get enough juniours in!

and p.s i dont think any junior will pay $205 to enter to win $100 back.

and p.s i dont think any junior will pay $205 to enter to win $100 back.
Damn straight, thats just crazy! An idea like that would be for the higher junior bowlers, last year Junior Redcliffe City Open was based more towards mixing the handicap juniors and scratch juniors together, having both prize funds. Although it's a good idea, i dont think it would work.

Back
Top Bottom