Garden City shirts.

RobbieB

Rodentus scientificus
I notice in the entry form for this event that all entrants must wear the sponsored shirts in matchplay.
We had at least one tournament last year, not sure whether it was Redcliffe or Garden City, where sponsored bowlers refused to wear the shirts due to contractural agreements with their own sponsors. Not knocking that, but since it is a condition of entry, perhaps anyone who is intending to bowl this event who may be affected by this rule could arrange an exemption from their own sponsor to allow them to wear the shirts?

This is not having a go at anyone, just that someone has put up a lot of cash for the benefit of the whole field, and it would be nice to give them some support back.

Patches

Robbie

Sponsored bowlers may be able to wear a patch from the sponsor which could be ironed on or sewed onto the shirt. that way they are supporting the major sponsor and not breaking their contract with their sponors.

Cheers

Andrew C

What if the shirt is tooooooooo small.....I seem to come across this problem.
And I will not be wearing a SKIN TIGHT shit IF I make the finals.....
Surely people can understand you need to be comfortable.

Dwambo :lol:

Shirts

I have to agree with dwambo. I know from personal experience that even sometimes when my sponsor support the event that I will wear my own shirt due soley to the comfort factor.

I think its wonderful to support the sponsor in any way possible and a patch that every can stick or pin their shirt is a great idea. I dont know the costings but if it were cheap enough the whole field could be asked to wear it rather than just the finalists.

I think theres big concerns with shirts that they dont fit or haven't been washed and are to stiff and cause chafing etc.

At the end of the day the bowlers need to be confortable to perform but the sponsors also deserve rightful recognition. Therefore I feel the patch idea is a great you to go.

Well, since I don't get them for nothing, I'd rather have a shirt than a stick on patch that gets tossed after the event. I'm sure the sponsor would prefer shirts too, IMHO, since they will get a lot more mileage out of them..
While there can be problems with fit at times, and sometimes exceptions will have to be made for those bowlers who need a marquee with sleeves (hi Dwambo ;)) the bottom line here is that wearing the shirt is a condition of entry to the tournament. They were quite comfortable last year. All I want to do here is make sure that those bowlers who will have a problem with this get something sorted before the event rather than simply making matchplay then refusing to wear the shirts.

Andrew, I really don't see that there is anything to discuss. The entry forms state that the sponsors shirts must be worn. That's it. Anyone entering the tournament does so in full knowledge of this rule. Once again, all I'm suggesting is that anyone affected discuss it with their sponsor and the centre BEFORE the tournament.

What do you mean a marquee with sleeves.....Ashton circus would not like that comment Rob.
Anyway...........I am just trying to think of the comfort zone to ALL bowlers, not just enlrged person(HAHAHA) LIKE MYSELF. I can understand this is a requirement on the entry form, but if this is going to be set in concrete, then there is NO WAY of me entering this event unless someone can assure me that there will be a tent for me to wear IF I happen to cut.
As carl mentioned, I think it is wonderfull that they have got a sponsor.I just feel that they haven't considered all options.
Now if I am wrong, and if someone can clear this slight problem up on hear, then please do so.
I hope I have not stired up a wasp nest, but take it from me..........I know what it is like to recieve shirts which don't fit.
And to Barry...Please understand where I am coming from.

Regards.......Dwayne Szklarczyk.

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION!!! :lol: :lol:

Sorry Rob I didn't put the point too clearly. There is no question about the Garden City, the forms are out and the conditions are quite specific.
My thoughts were that in the future a TB Association could come up with a policy covering possible advertising conflicts. If the Host organisation was aware of Tournament Bowlers Assoc requirements they might adjust their own requirements accordingly, or risk losing entries.
It really puzzles me why you guys have not yet got together and formed an Association.
You could do so much good for both tenpin bowling and yourselves.

I agree

Robbie,

I agree with your statement about the shirts. I thought about it some more after I got off and realised that the sponsor may (and I mean may) get extra advertising by people wearing the shirt after the event.

All I'm saying is that most people, sponsored or not would feel more comfortable wearing their own clothes.

But, as you said if it's on the entry form then it's a rule that must be followed. I only hope that it is a rule that is enforced with NO exceptions and if people dont commit then next person in line gets the spot. It would be unfortunate for anyone to be sat out but the rule is the rule and as you say, you enter knowing the rule.

If you say the shirts were good last year then lets hope for everyones sake they use the same shirts and allow everyone to perform their best.

The reason I didn't mind the patch was that I thought it may be cheaper and possibly the whole field could support the sponsor by wearing it rather than just the ones taking the sponsors money who make the cut.

Well guys, seems like we have a little hornets nest here because of 1 little word.
Sorry it has taken so long to respond to clear this one up, but I have been offline for almost two weeks because of moving house.

Bottom line is, that in any tournament, the tournament directors decision is final. Any issues that arise should be brought to the attention of the tounament committee for adjudication.
Andy and I realise that there are a number of bowlers that have equipment sponsors, and some that are sponsored by non bowling organisations. Any bowler that feels they will be disadvantaged should contact either of us as tournament committee members for a ruling, before the event begins. Decisions will be made on a case by case basis.
Bottom line is that we would like to see as strong a field enter this event as possible, and we do not want to victimise any bowler because of contractual arrangements.

I like Carl's idea, but it is probably too late for this event.

Dwayne, what size 'marquee' are we talking about? We will try to accommodate some of the larger guys also.

Again, we want to make as many bowlers happy as we can.

Barry Fagg
Tournament Organiser

Back
Top Bottom