Garden City New Year Open

George, Jon & Tony
As of 5/1, we have 52 entries for the tournament. Prizemoney was originally based on 60, so we are real close to guaranteed money according to the entry form.
As you are aware B squad is full.
A & C squads, both have 14 entries as we speak.

We have been hopeful of getting a number of entries from the other centre in Toowoomba, but to date their have been none brave enough to do so.
If they do our numbers will easily top 60, as there are still between 8-12 other players that have made enquiries and not come back to us yet. Zane and I will follow up with these people in the next couple of days.

All in all things are looking damn good. Especially considering this is the first tournament of this kind at Garden City Lanes for nearly 20 years.

George
To answer your question about conditions might be giving a little away.
However, we have been experimenting over the last couple of days with different things to ensure that there is more oil in the centre of the lane in the head area.
We have a house condition which is very playable, and we have made some slight alterations to this pattern.

Jon and Tony
Yes you are both in C squad.

Anyone else that would like to enter, please get back to either Zane or myself asap to ensure your spot.

ALSO
There may be a couple of late entries from down Sydney way. No names yet, but I believe the couple are very prominent in bowling circles and are looking forward to visiting Toowoomba on the weekend.

Regards all
Looking forward to seeing you all next weekend.
Barry Fagg
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif

Anyone wishing to get a late entry into the tournament is quite welcome to do so.
We have a couple of entries available in all 3 squads now, after a couple of cancellations today.
Please give Zane or myself a call on 0417 002245 or 0438 301739.
Otherwise, see you all Saturday.

Barry

Barry,
Just a quick question. Can we wear dress shorts this weekend as the weather has been quiet hot? I know this is not usual but i know i would prefer to bowl in shorts in this heat.
Thanks
Brian

Pilko
Sorry I haven't replied earlier.
There is nothing in the rules of the tournament to say you can't wear shorts.
The only stipulation we have put, is that you cannot wear jeans or tracksuits.
Too bloody hot for those anyway.

Having said that, the centre's air-con was serviced mid week, and spectators will need something warmer (unless of course they wish to go outside for a couple of minutes).
Its brass monkey weather insude the centre.

Good luck to all tomorrow, and we'll try to post some scores for those that are interested.

Barry

Back
Top Bottom