Qld State Championships

Andrew S.

Gold Coast
The 2002 State Championships will be held at Garden City Lanes Toowoomba and entry forms will be available for download shortly. There is no back-up centre this year.

Dates are 10 & 11, 17 & 18, 24 & 25 August.
Entries close Monday 5 August. Restricted Masters is at 6.00pm Friday 23, Veteran Masters is at 8.00pm Saturday 24, and the Open Masters are on Sunday 25 at 9.00am.
They tell me there is no 5 star accommodation left in the City.

Andrew,
All is progressing well with the Champs.
We have one motel on board at the moment.The
Great Divide Motor Inn is at the top of the range about 5-10 minutes from the bowl. They are good sponsors of bowling and will look after everyone. We are working towards getting another on board, and will let you all know through this forum.

We look forward to hosting this event, and look forward to seeing you all then.

Oh by the way, enough of the "old bastard" bit
icon_rolleyes.gif
icon_rolleyes.gif

Regards

John Wiffen

Some more details for accomodation in Toowoomba for the Championships in August.

The Great Divide and the Country Gardens Motor Inn have websites where you can check them out. The Great Divide was a sponsor for the tournament run by Barry earlier this year www.greatdivide.com.au

The Country Gardens Motor Inn is owned by bowlers.
www.countrygardensmotorinn.com.au

Both these motor inns are relatively new and will look after you like kings and are close to the centre.

I suggest those who are coming, if you require accomodation book now! August is a very busy month here, we have already had several phone calls looking for suggestions.

Regards,

John Wiffen

Ian Renfry has told us to expect the entry forms at the end of May. It should not be long now. These forms should be available from the centres/associations and downloadable from this forum soon.

Thanks Andrew.
Not wanting to knock those who have worked very hard to get these forms ready, I would like to point out a small problem.

The address on the form is incorrect. Garden City Lanes is at 200 Herries St Toowoomba, not 304 as on the form.

For those of you posting your entries, please do not rely on Australia Post to find the correct address. Barry Fagg will take steps to correct the mistake, however, TBAQ has already commenced distribution by email.

Regards
John W

Sorry about that John, I have taken steps to fix it up. We will of course hunt down and bring to justice those responsible.
A day trip to the silos should do it.

Entries are starting to roll in, just a reminder, for those who need accomodation, better not leave it too long.

We have had some enquiries re the lane conditions etc for the champs in August.

You can rest assured we will put down a fair condition,I can not tell you the exact specs, but will endeavour to supply you with some expectations soon.

Another bowler has messaged me privately through this forum, and whilst Barry is away, I will try and answer the query here.

I think the question was could we supply partners and team members for some events.
I do not see a problem, there will be others looking for partners, so when the entries come in, we can offer assistance then.

We are only too happy to help if we can.

John W
icon_smile.gif

Hi all.
As Tournament Director for the championships, I am expecting a hectic time over the next month and a half.
Entries have started rolling in, and the last weekend is very limited as far as squads are concerned.
Those of you that do not have as far to travel should look to complete their entries on one of the first two weekends, as Toowoomba bowlers did last year when the event was held at Legends.
State teams players, people travelling any considerable distance, and Masters representatives will be given priority for the final weekend.

If any bowlers cannot find partners for events, just send in your forms, and we will do what we can to help out.

I have had a number of enquiries to date, and I am happy to assist where possible to make the event as enjoyable as possible for all bowlers.

Hope we see some great scores from you all when you visit Toowoomba.

Barry Fagg

PS.
We have been experiencing some very cold nights of late. Please make sure you bring plenty of warm clothing when you make the trek up the mountain.

To answer some posts in other areas of this forum. The State Masters will be held at Garden City Lanes in Toowoomba, along with the championships as outlined on the entry forms.

The entire event/s are being bowled at this centre only. If you have enquiries, please contact Barry Fagg (Tournament Director) by email : [email protected].

We look forward to hosting the championships and hope to see you all there.

Back
Top Bottom