Pros To Bowl In WTBA International Events

A step in the right direction!

I think the promotion of the game needs these players to market bowling better.
To have these "pro's" been able to bowl against everyone in WTBA events will only improve the standard of world wide bowling.

Plus the thought of looking down, both left and right and seeing a pro either side of you on the podium would tickle almost every bowler in the world.....

Hey even i can have dreams :p

Looking forward to the next world champs even more now!!!!!!!!!!

Belmo

I agree with belmo, this is a giant leap in the right direction if you ask me. if you read the pba forums, ryan shafer has been saying this for a long time now. to me it could only help bowling as many people now have a greater oppourtunity to bowl alongside bowling idols and heros without having to struggle their nuts off on the pro circuit. plus it also gives the pba members more things to bowl in allowing them to finally be able to make more money than what they are. to me i see this as win win

It should have come into place years ago.

Better still, the segregation of Pro's from amateurs should never have been introduced in the first place in WTBA events.

Thats just how amatuer bowling was in those days, hell Chris Batson got a protest put in against him at the World Cup once because he worked in a 'pro' shop!! Ah well, if it had happened 20 yrs ago bowling might be in the Olympics now. And also im for bowling being there now(i wasnt before) because now the 'best' can be there. Might help the PBA too, maybe a few more non US names will start appearing now that it doesnt disqualify them from being on there national teams.

Back
Top Bottom