Practicing on one lane or two.

I wondering how many practice on one lane or a pair?

• Total voters

Black

I myself vary, depending on what part of my game I’m working on or what has happened to the lanes .

Bowling on a pair:
This is good as every lane has its own identity, this may be from topography or linage etc. At times I would find a board or two difference on the pair. (Occasionally more)

Bowling on a single lane:
If fresh oil, bowling 6 or more games is more likely to change the way the lane play, so I have to adjust as the games go on. I often use one lane when learning to control the speed of the ball also, the speed graph in Computer Score helps there.

If you're practicing spares (which I mainly do } I think it's best to practice on one lane. That way, the only variables you encounter are all your variables, and you can establish the targets / lines, etc correcting your technique without trying to calculate and assess any lane variation at the same time.
When actually bowling - not practicing - then you make adjustment for the lane difference alone, being confident of the repeatability of your basic shot.

Practice would be nice, when I do I don't mind one lane or two. The best time for me to practice is after league if time permits. That way you have already bowled three another four makes it seven games and on the same pair you start to see break down.

If working on lane transition then one lane will do. I even don't mind bowling moonlight, it forces you to really concentrate on your game and spot.

I also like bowling Sunday mornings on three day old lanes, just to make it a challenge. I don't have a power game so bowling on the dry is were I end up in most events. Unable to chase the oil left I need to learn to throw up the dry.

I dont practice, but i do a prebowl league, and i consider it practice. I get to bowl by myself and can stay in my own world. Works out very similar to tournament conditions, meaning very little social interaction. And also my house burns fast so staying ahead of the transition is important, like tournaments aswell.

If i was to go and have practice w/out scoring and/or do drills, i would only use 1 lane.

I prefer 1 lane. No worrying about variations between lanes plus I can see the effect of my ball on the lane and transition a lot quicker. I don't bother scoring either.

Back
Top Bottom