Lane Conditions hard or easy

grumpie

I bowl in a centre where you must be accurate or the lanes are unforgiving. I find that this helps me when traveling for tournaments, i tend to average anything from 10-25 pins over my home centre average. I find this to be good for myself because i must always stay on top of my game.
Whats your opinion?
Should you bowl in a centre thats more difficult or bowl in a centre that you can average higher.

I remember someone in the ultimate situation, who bowled in a notoriously harder AMF centre, as well as a higher scoring centre. This allowed them to perfect their accuracy in a difficult environment, while seeing the results from their effort when bowling at the higher averaging centre.

Personally, i have found that bowling in more unforgiving centres has been most rewarding. When my game does fall into place (on that odd occasion!) and the higher scores come out, it is very satisfying given some of the hard yards put in over the years. Although i'm probably a bit biased, as i've never had a chance to regularly bowl in a higher scoring centre!

when i first started bowling, i started in a very hard centre, and it has made me a much better bowler. and when i go to easy centres i love seein the results

Back
Top Bottom