Practice without pins

With pins or without pins?

• With

Votes: 136 81.0%
  • Without

Votes: 32 19.0%

• Total voters
As I don't bowl tournaments anymore, since 1996, my interpretation may be a little bit different to most of our current bowlers. ;)
In the "old days" we used to get say 10 minutes without pins, then a few minutes with pins... being an 'old fart' as I am, the first 10 minutes were to simply get warmed up & decide which ball/s suited the condition you were on, then the last few minutes were to line yourself up. :D
I don't mean to be disrespectful to anyone, but, when I go to a tournament, and that isn't very often, I see a lot of the today's bowlers go straight down to bowl & don't appreciate the importance of warming up. They simply hope they are switched on physically. :eek:
Practice without pins can 'warm you up' BEFORE the tournament starts.
You are so right, if you told the youth of today they get practise without pins they would walk out, they have to find their strike line, forget warming up, its all about the strikes.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Well,
I like to have some coaching withput pins. So I can play more lines/targets rather then seeing how many pins i knock down. But in anything else i would rather have pins

i work as a mechanic at a amf center that has reseting pins due to it being a brunswick machine it resets during practice . most amf centers have amf machines so they won't reset during practice. so it depends what alley you bowl at and what machines they have that gives you reseting pins in practice if that makes sence at all...

when warming up before a tournament or somthing like that I find it better to warm up without pins. Oly because you get to have more turns, it is way quicker, and to see how your ball reacts to the lanes

Back
Top Bottom