Please explain

scott

Can somone explain to me when the rueling changed that you could cross the foul line and not get a foul marked in the score

I have been bowling for 23 years and didnt know that this rule had changed

As long as you don't let the ball go its not a foul, you can actually walk down the entire lane if you want and not foul. However as soon as you let the ball go it counts as a shot and subsequently a foul if you have crossed the line.

That's the only exemption to the rule that I'm aware of, otherwise if you cross the foul line and let the ball go its a foul.

I think I know where you are heading with this one Scotty....

All I can say is that cheats never prosper, and a missed cut resulted.

it hasnt.

more to the story i take it?

There is alot more to the story

I was watching a high profile tournament on the weekend and saw a so called high profile youth bowler blatenly cross the foul line and let the ball go and left a 7 count in the first frame he then came back carried on about the fact that he now has oil on his shoes wiped it of then picked up his ball and went for the spare

Let me tell you if I was bowling in said tournament and missed the cut by a few pins to this bowler I would have blown up delux with out a doubt

In my opnion it was just cheating he new he fouled and he just went for the spare it was very disapointing to be honest to see that

The even more disapointing thing is that when questioned by thet TD he lied to her face and said that he didnt cross the foul line

I ask myself why carry on about oil on your shoe if you didnt cross the line mate if u read this have a good long hard think about it you cheated and you cheated the two young kids on your pair that probly looked up to u as a older more experinced bowler

What a great example you have set for our younger generation of bowlers

Wouldnt the scoring have shown a F in that frame? The score would then have had to be changed manually which would have (or should have) involved a Tournament official. Which should in turn have involved questioning.
Or is that what actually happened?

The foul light didnt go off so either the beam wasnt broken or the foul lights wernt turned on my guess is they wernt on

I agree Scott, if it was me I would have blown up also. If this person knows they fowled then the term GOOD SPORT obviously does not exist in their vocab!!!

Ok big call saying someone is a cheat on a national or even international forum. Because you havent named anybody (and you obviously know who you are talking about) you have brought the entire entry list into question. If you were so concerned about it at the time and saw the foul why didnt you approch the tornement director and express your concerns. Not much point bringing it up now. Once the next shot is thrown to bad. I have seen this before many years ago by a very high profile bowler. I didnt say anything at the time (although i wish i had have) i did approch the person concerned and expressed my dissapointment at there actions. I would never post it here and not name names. To late for that now. Maybe in the future when you notice this you will have learnt from this and take the appropriate action.

Just my opinion.

Phil

why do people post this stuff on here days after it happens and not bring it up at the time? Numerous threads on here about people complaining about different things but no one does anything about it at the time.

Ok big call saying someone is a cheat on a national or even international forum. Because you havent named anybody (and you obviously know who you are talking about) you have brought the entire entry list into question. If you were so concerned about it at the time and saw the foul why didnt you approch the tornement director and express your concerns. Not much point bringing it up now. Once the next shot is thrown to bad. I have seen this before many years ago by a very high profile bowler. I didnt say anything at the time (although i wish i had have) i did approch the person concerned and expressed my dissapointment at there actions. I would never post it here and not name names. To late for that now. Maybe in the future when you notice this you will have learnt from this and take the appropriate action.

Just my opinion.

Phil

Read my post mate

I said that when he was questioned by the TD he said he didnt cross the foul line does that not mean that I did bring it to the attention of the TD the reason I wont name names is because its pointless the person knows who they are and thats all that matters

Just my opinion.

Phil

Beat me to it.... :)

Read my post mate

I said that when he was questioned by the TD he said he didnt cross the foul line does that not mean that I did bring it to the attention of the TD the reason I wont name names is because its pointless the person knows who they are and thats all that matters

Fair enough then Scott, but posting it here doesnt achieve anything if its been "dealt" with at the time.

Its a good job Scott did bring this up.
We have an accredited Tournament with either broken foul lights or foul lights turned off.
Someone should have checked that the foul lights were fully operational and if not should have appointed Foul Line Judges.
Then all this would have been avoided.

Its a good job Scott did bring this up.
We have an accredited Tournament with either broken foul lights or foul lights turned off.
Someone should have checked that the foul lights were fully operational and if not should have appointed Foul Line Judges.
Then all this would have been avoided.

I dare say it wouldn't be the first time an accredited tournament has been run without properly functioning foul sensors or foul judges (in fact I have never seen a foul judge used).. I'll leave it at that.

I dare say it wouldn't be the first time an accredited tournament has been run without properly functioning foul sensors or foul judges (in fact I have never seen a foul judge used).. I'll leave it at that.

And i dare say it wont be the last. chances are in our centre championships next weekend lanes 7 & 8 will eventually have the foul lights turned off, due to them going off intermittedly when no-one is bowling on them. No offence ment to our head tech :) but as 1 of 4 tournament directors of the championships, it will be our job to ensure that if they are turned off that we keep an eye on the bowlers of those lanes and the foul line

Also, the foul light won't go off if the bowler steps over the line. Only if the beam is broken.

Back
Top Bottom