Oiling Pattern for the Melbourne Cup

Just for a change we are releasing the oiling pattern before the start of the tournament. You can view and download the pattern from either www.bowlersworld.com.au or www.edfleminglanes.com.au.

Of course this post will receive comments about the pattern.

The 10th 300 in the last year was bowled last night at Ed Fleming Lanes (Rob Morell) and the high series last night was Rod Stewart with a 770 plus including a 278 and 279 games. Rod currently has a 230 plus average in league.

We have 129 bowlers at the moment but room for many more.
Entries to [email protected]

Ian Nicholls

Ian thanks for the post on the condition, it is nice to see.

Just 2 things:

Peter Brierly is not bowling

What is the highest left handed average in the centre? and has there been any big games on the left? I only ask this as last years pattern resulted in the highest left hander finiashing 43rd. I would just like to know that they are not going to be like that this year. Has the pattern changed from last year?

thanks

Whats the difference with NSW Open last year having the stepladder of left handers only?

Its a tournament for the righties, stop whining for once George :^)

Milkman, if you read my post correctly you would find that I couldn't care less what really happened last year and that I am far from whining.

My questions are:

* What is the highest scoring lefty averaging at the centre?
* Is it the same pattern that was set down last year?

As for NSW Open, it was not that the left had an advantage, you can thank AMF's marathon formats which was the reason for the lefty 1,2,3 finish. For the record, I beleive you weren't even there.........

All I would like to ensure is that there is a level playing field, after studying the pattern that Ian put up, it seems very fair and very playable. All I would like is my 2 questions answered, thats all.

As at 9:30pm tonight 131 bowlers

George compare the AO and the Melb Cup Oil Patterns. I can email the AO pattern if you want it.
Also a lefty bowled a 290 on Monday at Ed Fleming Lanes!!!!

I am told the pattern has changed from last year - tougher!!!

By the way a Kegel machine like last year

Ian Nicholls

George,

If the condition is going to be different, and so called "fairer" according to your opinion, what is asking what the highest averaged left hander at Mooroolbark going to achieve?

If you are good enough, you will do well, regardless of the condition.

Back
Top Bottom