Melbourne Cup 2003

bworld

Just a quick note to say we are looking forward to the Cup this year, as of this morning we have over 120 entries booked in for next weekend, all squads are still available, please don't leave it to the last minute although I know many will.

And regarding lane patterns, they are up for everyone to see, with our Kegel Kustodian working well our conditions have been consistent and for some high scoring for both sides.

To make some lefties out there a bit more secure, a 58 year old lefty last week bowled a 299 and followed it up again a few days later for a 1000/4 in singles, these were the same house conditions we put up for the seniors MTC a few weeks ago. And currently one of the highest average bowlers in our center Anthony Morrell is a 16 year old with a 230+ average and a 298 and 800 series bowled just recently.

On top of that we have had the best left hander in the country Cara Honeychurch before returning to the USA, as well as many other lefty's of different styles as well as righty's test several patterns, everyone was happy and all shots are good if you are good enough.

It disturbs me that some people attack the center, our head tech put's a lot of time and effort to make it fair for both sides, but until we have an even field on both sides I guess we will never make everyone happy.

Another well known ACT tournament The Brunswick Australia Cup has been won by a lefty every year, it is still one of the most popular tournaments in the country as it should be, few attack the center for it. I'm sure that they are as confused as many as to why there center favors the left more than other centers.

So if anyone is familiar with the topography of lanes you would understand that not all lanes are equal, they have depressions, crowns and peaks, left and right crosswise tilts and can still be within a legal 40/1000th". To know more go to the Foundation website at http://www.foundation300.com Pl...s.com.au or [url]http://www.tenpin.org.au

Patrick..Thank you for that well thought out post.

I just want to clarify something I said earlier. he fact remains that Ed Fleming Lanes has, for the most part, favored righthanded players over the lefties. I never said this was intentional. Nor did I say it was necessarily a bad thing. It's just a matter of fact.

I'm well aware of the reverse inequity in scoring at Canberra International Bowl. The left side there plays easier by about 10-15 pins per game, just as Mooroolbark plays 10-15 pins per game easier for the right handed bowler. A bowling centre will ALWAYS FAVOR one style or hand. That's just how it always has been...

On a personal note..if you'd like to discuss this, or any other thing I have said, please ring me on 0407 885 807
As the saying goes ( in America anyway):
"If you've got the dime, I've got the time"

Wayne Chester

Back
Top Bottom