Oil Patterns for the 2008 Ebonite Gold Coast International Sport Series Final

Kellie

Facebook Rocks
Attached you will find the 4 patterns that will be used during the event.

Thanks Kellie

Attachments

• Kegel Sport Series - BOARDWALK.pdf
    116.4 KB · Views: 136
  • Kegel Sport Series - DEAD MAN'S CURVE.pdf
    117.4 KB · Views: 129
  • Kegel Sport Series - HIGHWAY TO HELL.pdf
    117.3 KB · Views: 125
  • Kegel Sport Series - WINDING ROAD.pdf
    117.3 KB · Views: 114
Bowlers this will be the order the sports patterns will be bowled.

Pattern1 FIRST Block; DEAD MANS CURVE
Pattern 2 Second Block HIGHWAY TO HELL
Pattern 3 Third Block WINDING ROAD

Pattern 4 FINAL BOARDWALK

I hope everybody is happy with these choices.

regards
Lee

Ahh, decisions, decisions.... which of these to torture Dinesh with on Wednesday night...:D:D

Hi Lee

Just a suggestion. Highway to hell is supposedly the toughest flattest pattern of the 4 posted. Why not make that one the pattern used for the finals.

Hey Robbie.....bring it on. Looking forward to it. Cheers mate.

Dinesh

Dinesh,

My thoughts on why Highway to hell is being used in qualifying rather then the finals is because the organisers of the event want to see the highest skilled players to the final. I also believe and correct me if I am wrong, but the finals will be filmed on the Tenpin Bowling show, if this is the case then a higher scoring final will build a great atmosphere for spectators and make for better filming, which all boosts bowlings entertainment profile.

my thoughts anyway!

Hi Matt

Good point. Didn't think of that. Watching (hopefully playing in:D) the finals will make for better viewing if the scores are up and the bowlers are bringing the ball back from the edge.
Suggestion withdrawn

Dinesh

Dinesh,
My thoughts on why Highway to hell is being used in qualifying rather then the finals is because the organisers of the event want to see the highest skilled players to the final. I also believe and correct me if I am wrong, but the finals will be filmed on the Tenpin Bowling show, if this is the case then a higher scoring final will build a great atmosphere for spectators and make for better filming, which all boosts bowlings entertainment profile.
my thoughts anyway!

Think you might have picked that in one Matt. Make it hard to make the cut and then give the most entertaining pattern for the final. Last thing we want is a bunch of 160's and 170's for the TV Show. By the same token, it will still be tough to score, but at least it will be probably the most scoreable of the 4 conditions.

Back
Top Bottom