New Adult Committee for Qld.

Andrew S.

Gold Coast
Following the State AGM, and after an absentee period of several years, Queensland now has a new Adult Committee.

Charged with the job of overseeing the State Championships and the Adult State Teams, the new Committee is headed up by Jason Pearson who will have Peter Martin, Daniel Simpson and Andrew Christopher alongside.

Congratulations to these guys who have put up their hands for Queensland. All are passionate about bowling, and believe in their State.
It would be hard to nominate a better balanced Adult Committee.
Thanks to you to all.

Does this committee repesent the whole of QLD or south QLD.
If the latter what happens to the previous NQAC...
Den

Well done guys on being elected to the committee. I know that you are all very PASSIONATE about bowling and that you will all do an excellent job

Again, congrats!

Chris G.

Correcting my previous post (the edit function seems to be missing)
Does this committee repesent the whole of QLD or south QLD.
If the former what happens to the previous NQAC...
Den

The whole of Queensland. This was a State AGM not a SQ AGM.
The NQAC will of course still organise and look after things in 2006. In 2007 it may be a different story if the board of TBA does not approve the change back to one State.

I'd like to thank Andrew Shinnie for his time and effort over the last couple of years, in his role as De Veer and Rachuig co-ordinator. A job well done Andrew, thank you.

Congratulations to all on the new committe, from what I've seen on this site and the people I know personally, I believe that thay are all passionate and committed to the sport of Tenpin.

Hey Andrew Shinne, now you will have more time to take the kids to sport !!!! Who's turn is it this weekend !:eek:

Craig

Well the official Queensland invite is now on the TBA web-site, so obviously it has everyones blessing.
Thanks Peter C.

Any NQ bowlers who are of the opinion that NQAC has been canned, I would like to advise you that this is incorrect. A South Queensland Committee was formed at the meeting last weekend. This Committee will look after the South and NQAC will continue to look after the North.

Kay

In the past, the Queensland Adult Committee was elected at the Queensland State AGM to run State Championships and State Teams. However as there is still a great deal of confusion regarding 2007 it seems fairer to put that policy on hold.

Even accepting the fact of 2 Queensland Teams there are still major questions to be answered.
The next Board meeting on the 10th has this on the agenda and if anyone has any constructive suggestions regarding 2007 maybe they could post them here.
One suggestion has been to leave everything as is, send in the 2 teams in the usual way and just rotate the names (so that one year NQ is the official Team and SQ is the 'A' Team. Next year the process reverses).
Another suggestion was to hold a North based Roll-off in 2007 open to all (to form the official team) and a South based Roll-off in 2008 open to all (to form the official team.) In each case the secondary 'A' team would come from the opposing end of the State.
This is the right time and the right place to express an opinion, lets see if we can handle this fairly for everyone.

Let’s have a Kick Boxing Tournament and take the last 7 standing as Team 1, and the 7 laying on the matt as team 2:D :D :D

I don't know, they breed em tough in the north:D i might have to move back there to be in the team still standing lol.

Andrew I think your ideas are great, fair and constructive. The problem I see with previous ideas brought up in this forum is that more travel would be required for either Sth Queenslanders or North Queenslanders (or both if roll- off venues were alternated) and would be detrimental to numbers of nominations. Your ideas will allow the best possible outcome for both North and South and I agree 100% with these options.

I think the actual QLD team should be representative of the whole state. The best we can offer.

Maybe the 'invitational' side should rotate between North and South ... just my opinion.

Yes, that's your opinion Spanner but i can assure you it will wear thin when you have to travel to NQ for one roll-off and for some training camps.

A few of the potential Rachuig players based in SQ (not me, I'm not that good) already travel north 2 or three times a year for the Cairns Open, Townsville, Burdekin and Mackay Opens ....

I just think we need to put our 7 best on the lanes if we want to win it.

Both Teams sent should be open to everyone in the State, no restrictions what so ever. Yes we need to send the Best two teams that we can offer so why have any restrictions at all.

Ice I have a trailer you can hire…….;)

Jase said:
Let’s have a Kick Boxing Tournament and take the last 7 standing as Team 1, and the 7 laying on the matt as team 2:D :D :D
Great idea Jase, But How would we sought out the weight divisions:)

Back
Top Bottom