My bowling ball is NOT cheap

StrikerMatt

I dont understand you guys at all.

Im selling my Hammer Plague 13lb which already drilled. It was $330 at the start but i am selling it as of 6months old its $230 as $100 off. Im not selling any cheaper than $200 because its rather expensivest bowling ball. How much different you think i pay it from the beginning and lose so much money for less space of time?

Bowling Balls, like cars, lose value as soon as they are drilled & used. No one will likely pay $200 for a 2nd hand ball. Unfortunately, that's just how it is Matt.

I dont understand you guys at all.

Im selling my Hammer Plague 13lb which already drilled. It was $330 at the start but i am selling it as of 6months old its $230 as $100 off. Im not selling any cheaper than $200 because its rather expensivest bowling ball. How much different you think i pay it from the beginning and lose so much money for less space of time?

Sorry Mathew,
Try selling your ball in your own centre first.
As stated by amagill - Once a ball has been drilled and used, the value drops by approximately 50-60%.
The majority of bowlers have experienced this previously. Buyer has to have the ball plugged and re-drilled which costs him additional $$$ (approx $80), thus making it cheaper for person to buy a brand new one.

Good luck selling your ball though.

Mrs P.

Try $100-$150 including postage and you might have a chance. At the end of the day, the ball isn't worth anymore than what someone is willing to pay for it, regardless of what you think.

Being that it is 13lb and not a popular weight, I doubt you will get more than $100.

I have given away balls that have had less use than the one you're asking $230 for. Considering I just ordered a Brunswick Kharma for $160, proves that the price you are asking may be bit a little unreasonable.

Matt 13lb balls are simply not in demand enough to ask for anything over $100.

Can I ask why after 1 tourney and less than 50 league games u want to sell it?

I wouldn't look at it for anything over $50 and I would not be paying for delivery.

Would you pay $20,000 for a 10 year old vehicle that was $29,000 new??

Hmmmm.

I'd reckon you'll be struggling to offload it at that price Matthew.
As other have said, once drilled and used, they depreciate in price pretty quickly, not much you can do about that.
Being that it's a 13lb ball, there's not a great deal of call for that low a weight, so you might wanna look at halving your asking price (at least) or hang onto it for a rainy day, may come in handy on a particular type of condition somewhere, you never know.
Am actually thinking of doing the same thing with a VBP Bronze that I only ever rolled about 30 games with and hated it, plug, re-drill and rejuvinate and away we go.
As a side note, I once swapped a virtually brand new ball for a packet of Horizon 50's (darries) off a guy that quit bowling soon after and bowled very well with it for many years after.

Well yea i got this guy going for cheaper price and i just gave him a opportunity to have it. Price was like $50 or something as he mentioned, so im waiting for another reply.

Excuse my ignorance Shayne... and this may sound stupid but im going to ask anyway....

if the first was bad enough you gave it away... why go back for 2 more?

great ball out of the box. but once it's dead, it's not able to revived.

PS. Gave all 3 away at the same time, to the same person. two where mine, one was Alicia's

Back
Top Bottom