Early retirement

Hey all i have retired in the TBA bowling for the level too low so i am sticking to the deaf bowling only now.

Yesterday event was okay for me and still frustrated about my arm isnt wanted to swing properly. If this kept up before April i will have to retire for whole thing!

Hey all i have retired in the TBA bowling for the level too low so i am sticking to the deaf bowling only now.

Yesterday event was okay for me and still frustrated about my arm isnt wanted to swing properly. If this kept up before April i will have to retire for whole thing!

I'm gonna but in here, if you remember my other post i made in your other thread,

I have never seen you type, i went for some coaching, i have had a coach, so if you have, ingore this question, i cant be bothered going back through all the threads.

My question is to you, If you have never had a coach, How do you know how your swing should be??? Because what you might be correct and it turns out its totally wrong, of course your going to get wrong/bad results or do it wrong..

anyway, i looked at your scores, and i would have to say, i think you said your average was 140 or so, and you averaged 144 on those changelling/tough patterns(they were tough last year anyway), so i must say congrats on bowling your average, I came 4th last year in it and i only averaged 180, and my league average at the end of 09 was 199. so congrats again mate!

Yes i had a coach back in Townsville. I went on every weekend to see him for an hour. I still remembered the drills and skills of what he teached me. I never consider something too tough during the play, i have always used the training methods to play bowling especially the steps, arm swing and arrows with concentration on the lane. I always knew myself what is wrong and right everytime i bowl.

So i think it something wrong with my head or something, i could easily miss something that i will never get. For the fifth year of bowling my average changes all the time instantly.
For example:
Jan-Apr was 176 then May-Sept was 134 and until end of year kick back to 177 which is resulted in 2010.

So i think losing and having low scores is waste of money if it is all the time. So i think i fluked it on purpose to win the Xmas Classic which i meant i shouldnt have won.

Bowling is now a huge risk on my finaicial matters with 2 years left of uni. I wish i didnt put membership in too fast from the first place because i should be very good bowler for that. I cant afford professional help and cant afford without an actual career (studying climate change at uni that will give me better job after to get really bigger money etc).

I hope everyone understands this. I wish i wasnt that stupid to be on this forum complaining my low side of my life on bowling but other thread i created i was on fire which is the best side of my life. So i gotta say im sorry to be around here to waste your time (even me too).

IN other thing how i suppose to know about the oil lanes. For past three weeks at Ballina tenpin the oil was shocking compared to the others including Caboolture, Kirwan, Tweed and Lismore etc. Ballina's lanes wasnt even that bad before it happened.

I think Ballina's lanes is not properly maintained at all? If this so it wont be my problem about my scores at all. The 'bad oil' is killing me!

Big thing to say on a public forum matt, gotta be careful, you might burn bridges with some people.

As far as I know, ballina would be very well maintained compared to some other places I have been to. There is a difference between "bad oil" & a harder condition.

IN other thing how i suppose to know about the oil lanes. For past three weeks at Ballina tenpin the oil was shocking compared to the others including Caboolture, Kirwan, Tweed and Lismore etc. Ballina's lanes wasnt even that bad before it happened.

I think Ballina's lanes is not properly maintained at all? If this so it wont be my problem about my scores at all. The 'bad oil' is killing me!

Ballina, lanes not properly maintained??? I have never been there, but if i remember correctly Cameron Walsh and His wife owns the centre(i'm sorry i dont know your name) and i dont think the walsh family wouldn't maintain the lanes, would hate to count up how many years experience the walsh family has in them..

Matt i think you just need to get out of your comfortable zone with adjusting...

I think Ballina's lanes is not properly maintained at all?

Mat,
I've read your thread from start to finish.....Many people have given advice, tried to help and you are still talking yourself out of bowling.
Now rubbishing Ballina's lanes....I very much doubt the Walsh family would let that happen.

Sorry Mat, but IMO you need a break. Bowl a few practise games weekly to keep in touch, also get a coach to help you if they have some free time.

Come back fresh in another 6 months.

Mrs P.

Hey Matt,

i dont know what you mean by saying you are only going to stick to deaf bowling? Do you mean this is a lower avg comptetion and you are pulling out of tournaments with much higher avg bowlers?

If so, and if you feel comfortable doing this and it will keep you in the game then do this rather than selling all your gear and throwing it all in. :surrender:

However on the flip side, given your post above regarding OIL, bowling in conditions that are harder and bowling with higher avg bowlers WILL OVER TIME improve your game, get some coaching, realise that every centre and condition is different and try and knock over some pins thats what its all about.

I think Matt needs to take a break and think about bowling less and think about getting back to basics and the first and foremost is to HAVE FUN as I myself lost sight of this when bowling became too serious and I started trying too hard to get to where I wanted. My ave whent from 160's down to 120's so I took a break from it and just went in and practice once or twice a week. Now I am re-joining league this month and I feel that I am much happier and less stressed because all i'm doing is having FUN. I know what its like with a mental illness as I suffer DID and my head gets in my way as I look at things to technical and analyse too much instead of letting it just happen. I hope you keep going with Bowling Matt but please get the FUN back into it and relax.

OK no worries. I will take this going back to small world. I probably going to ask Cameron for some coaching tips this week or next week.

And im sorry about the oil thing, its pretty annoying thing to me. It kept changing my position on the lane and making me terribly confused and becoming less confident.

Possibly ask Cameron some tips on becoming VERY consistant. After bowling next to you a few times at Caboolture, I noticed that your consistancy varies a fair bit, if you can get that nice and consistant, you will find a nice line regardless of what lane condition is laid.

What you need to realise with lanes is, if they oil in the morning, and its a fairly busy day, chances are, lanes will be VERY broken down by that afternoon. This is to be expected, and is definatly not a representation of the maintence of the lanes :)

Cheers Matt, and remember, its all about having a bit of fun! :)

I choose the time of the day and then go down to my centre, especially during school hoidays..Only time I get a bit sooky, is if there is absolutely NO oil over a few days, and u go down to bowl a phantom league, and the staff don't have the manners to at least give u a heads up, ball begins to roll out half way down lanes.. Thats my problem I guess..

As many posters have said, its meant to be fun to go bowling, not like sitting in the dentist's chair.. Take a break,and when u go back to it keep your coaching up, and go down for a fun weekly social bowl..

As u improve, u will learn to move your feet around, and pay attention to what is happening to your ball down the lane.. Don't be afraid to move around to find a new line that will get u into the pocket.. I guess this comes with a bit of experience as well..

Yea i reckon aye?

Just wondering why i have been playing poorly for more than 'just a day thing' compared this happened to me for a month??

Today i had three games and i had 166, 154 and 151. I shouldnt have 151 at the end because they turned the lights off for holiday special (GRRRRR!!). Now i have to come in for mornings to bowl. I think the curse got me getting blind in the dark!

Don't give up Matt!
Feel free to have a practice bowl with me on wed's before league. I'm there after work between 5 and 5.30 I usually throw about 5 games. It will be fun and we can discuss the basics,oil conditions and adjusting etc
Dinesh

No worries that would be great offer Dinesh!! I will be back to Townsville on 10th Feb so i will come to see you before league on following Wednesday?
Cheers Matt

Back
Top Bottom