Mick Little wins the 2007 Skyline Classic

Chowny

Staff member
Congratulations to Mick Little on a dominating performance, winning the 2007 Skyline Classic.

Right from the get go, Roto Grip representative Mick Little lead the day… winning 11 of 13 match play games, averaging 232.62 he went on to win the 1st Skyline Classic at AMF Blacktown by over 100 pins.

Saturday’s qualifying saw local lefty Steve Pieter’s out in front after day 1, closely followed by Brunswick Bowling’s “Sheik of Tweak” Matt “….bowl Shane” Riley. Reformed cranker Jason Doust closed out the top 3 averaging 226.2.

Superstar of the day honors’ went to Shaun Cummings, throwing a perfect game 300 in game 4 of qualifying and ended up 4th going into matchplay.

Qualifying had a great mix going into the top 14 matchplay final, with 7 from squad A, 7 from squad B and 7 local’s ready to do battle on Sunday.

Going into matchplay Little found him in 7th place, opening up with a 257 there was no turning back. An impressive 11-2 win-loss record assured victory with games of 257, 227, 204, 257, 224, 232, 248, 233, 231, 279, 212, 224, & 196.

Illawarra’s Steve Cowland cemented was in cruise control throwing his Roto Grip equipment to a comfortable 2nd position.

Heading into the last game 3rd spot was anyone’s!! Local’s Matt Riley, Steve Pieters, Sam Romeo & Russell Chown (who had just wrapped a solid 10 pin on the 10th shot for a 279) found themselves in a close battle. In the end we had a tie for 3rd finding Riley & Pieters splitting the $$$ and the trophy.

Early charger and top qualifying lady, youth bowler Kara Triulcio finished out in 6th place. Kara bowled extremely well on the weekend and deserves a huge congratulation on her performance. Once again well done.

Thanks again to Glenn Rowland of Qubica AMF who donated 4 new release balls to the tournament.

The weekend’s 300 shooter Shaun, picked himself up the Columbia 300 Action Attack.

Top qualifying male Steve, picked up Track Power Machine.

Top qualifying female Kara, scored a Columbia 300 Wrath SF.

As there were no 300’s bowled in squad B, a luck door prize was held and “I need some more arms” Mick Little picked up the AMF Radar Alert and also the kindly donated winners shirt supplied by www.totalbowling.com.au Look forward to seeing it modeled in the future.

Thanks again to all the bowlers that competed in this year’s event.

Would also like to thank the tireless efforts of Lyn Chown, Annette O’Neill & centre manager Liz Owens for holding the event.

And who could forget the unbelievable work put in by Head Tech Ryan Alewood. Great job buddy!!

Keep your eyes out for more fantastic events @ AMF Blacktown.

All scores & photos can be found here at this link http://www.totalbowling.com.au/news/livescores/

well done mick, awesome display of bowling today,

thanks to the chowns for putting their neck out for this tournament. I really hope when the next one is one more poeple support it

what an awesome day

Well done Mick, I hope it is a annual event, I learnt something new so I was happy with that.

To, the Chowns,

thanks for a great tournament

Congratulaions michael little,

Well done all bowlers.

a Big thank you has to also go to Paul Chown, even tho he did not make the final he has done all the updateing of thew scores.

I would also like to see if we can have a couple of tornaments like this, dueing the year, even if we can get the cowman to join in and add some different centres, get N.S.W back on the map with tornaments

What a great event! (Besides the 8am check in, nothing like getting up at 5am!)
Huge kudos to staff and management at the new Blacktown bowl, which honestly does look a treat. It was a great tournament. If there is to be any future tournament like this I'll be there with no worries.
Congrats to Mick Little on his performance today. Absolutely left the rest of us for dead. Roto-Grip balls can do that to you! Thanks again for the shirts mate.

Later Da Cowman!

Damn straight RG does that to ya!

Good job Mick! Guess now you really are King Of Them All!

Legendary performance my friend, great to see you back at the top!

From the president of the RG Fan of Club Australia,

BJ

Congrats Mick, top bowling.
Thanks again to mum, Paul & everyone at blacktown AMF. It was a great tournament. Everything run nice & smooth. Great stuff. Im looking forward to the next one.
Russ

Looks like he is back…Look out to the rest of Australia if this guy has found it again…

Well Done Mick…great result…I am sure this is just the start you’re looking for in 2007…Hope you like the shirt…:D

Well done also to Chowny…First time he has done the live scores and the event went well for him…Well done mate…

I would like to extend a big thank you to Lyn and Paul for a mammoth effort for getting this tournament up and running in such a short space of time. A big thanks also goes to Liz and her staff at Blacktown for helping to keep the tournament running so smoothly and on time (a rare occurance these days). Thanks also to AMF for allowing this tournament to go ahead and supporting it.
Obviously a big thanks to my sponsor Roto Grip. They make some sensational equipment, even the older stuff keeps on keeping on. Nice effort to Steve Cowland on the Sunday as well to make it a 1-2 finish for Roto Grip.
Thanks to everyone who supported this tournament. It would be nice to see more of these events popping up around NSW this year. Hopefully this event will be back again for next year bigger and better and will attract the support it deserves.
Thanks
Michael

Back
Top Bottom