Metnone Bowl will finally close its doors

warren

Dear Bowlers and the Bowling Industry
It is with a sad heart that I must inform everyone that Mentone Bowl will be closing its doors for the last time at the end of the year.
We celebrated our 50th year in 2013 and it will turn out to be our last in bowling centre operation.
We knew this day would eventually arrive, however you can never be prepared for it.

Mentone Bowl has been a place where past and future champions have walked, from the early days of the 60’s with the All Stars tournament, umpteen marathons and day breakers of the 70’s and 80’s to the recent Mentone Cups.
We have enjoyed looking after the bowlers, I take pride in the team I have had, who always endeavoured to look after the bowlers as well as any staff that I have seen before. Our offerings to our league bowlers to support the league bowlers, again I take pride in what we did offer them.
The local community has grown up with Mentone Bowl. From the kids and families and the many adults that come in today who used to bowl here when they were kids.

We can’t stop Progress and development. These are our unfortunate enemy here, and the landscape on the Corner of Warrigal Road and Nepean Highway will change forever and become apartments in the future.
I’d like to thank everyone who has been part of Mentone Bowl over the years and who have supported us, especially in recent times.
Especially to our Leagues and members of those Leagues and to the Tournament Associations who have supported us over the time, knowing that this day was coming.

To all the Managers that have overseen Mentone Bowl and of course to the original owner who has since passed on Mr Alf Emerson.
And to Pace Development who even though has made this inevitable decision kept Mentone Bowl operating, where they could have closed us 5 years ago.

Mentone Tenpin Bowl RIP
Warren Stewart
General Manager
Mentone Tenpin Bowl

Absolutely devastated about this news!!

Finally found a centre where I actually belonged and that looked after their league bowlers and now it's closing

Warren, so disappointed makes it even harder to except when it was only a couple of weeks ago you made our Tuesday night social league a big offer to make our league bigger and better. Made us believe we would be bowling at Mentone for at least another 12 months. and worst of all to see it announced to the bowling world before all the leagues have been advised, I find very disappointing.

Jeanne Kieseker

Sad times waz, but as you said, can't stop development or progress, and as we all know that corner is worth it's weight in gold..

I hope your still gonna be kicking around in the game for a while mate, Seeya at hammer classic hopefully (I'll send a list of parts that I need ;) )

Very unfortunate Warren. The way you as usual, applied yourself to the sport of tenpin bowling and the commitment to the bowling community itself, it is hopeful that you can still find a place to continue along in our sport at a Senior Management level.
It is never easy to announce an outcome like this. Generally speaking you can only give the information as it is given to do so. Hopefully all Leagues find a comfortable centre to bowl at and continue to thrive.
All the best to everyone in the future, and thank you Mentone for the years past.
Cheers,
Frank

Very sad.

Remember spending school holidays in that place while staying at Eric Thompson's place. Great memories.

Bowled my first 500 series there in the early 60's. I also can remember the M.T.B.O.V., A.P.B.A., and V.C.B.A. Tournaments. Lots of fun times with great people. Sad to the clousure.
See you at the Hammer Wazza.
Regards
Mike Sullivan

Back
Top Bottom