Will AMF ever get it right????

bitchy lil brunette said:
Fair enough the food may seem expensive but just because where you bowl takes forever to get and taste bad, does not mean that all AMF centre cafes are the same. The AMF centre cafe that I work at has a good reputation for their food and service. So don't put us all in the same catergory.
Sandy :rolleyes:

Definately - you all do a wonderful job over there. It's always a pleasure to bowl over there.

In terms of the prize money.. all I can say is I have never had a problem in getting prize money quickly and promptly from a league at an AMF centre. But once again, that could be because AMF had pretty much nothing to do with the banking in the first place! :rolleyes:

Well Well Well

At least my voice on this thread has been heard. Just hope it goes high enough up in AMF to reaslise that there is a problem and that it should be sorted out so that there isn't a problem in the future.

Anyway, I shouldn't write posts on this forum late at night becuase i tend to forget to put things in like the paragraph stating that it is just my opinion on this matter and that my post wasn't aimed at anyone personally. Therefore, for those that work at Cross Road bowl and read this, please read what i have said and not what you want to hear. My post said AMF Staff in South Australia not just at one particular bowl.

Sorry if i offended anyone, however there is nothing wrong with freedom of speech and that is exactly what this forum is about as well as talking to one another. Now before I forget.

This is just my opinion (not aimed at anyone personally)

THANKS

DAVID SNIEDZE

Mr Sneezy i do not work for AMF but it is my belief that if a staff member takes any money from the till in cash to pay league prizes, they will risk losing there job.
Mr Sumo i would presume as i have stated in an earlier post that the leagues you refer to at Moorabbin and Dandenong have there own bank accounts and only await rebates.
Virg.:;)

SNEEZY said:
Well Well Well
At least my voice on this thread has been heard. Just hope it goes high enough up in AMF to reaslise that there is a problem and that it should be sorted out so that there isn't a problem in the future.
Anyway, I shouldn't write posts on this forum late at night becuase i tend to forget to put things in like the paragraph stating that it is just my opinion on this matter and that my post wasn't aimed at anyone personally. Therefore, for those that work at Cross Road bowl and read this, please read what i have said and not what you want to hear. My post said AMF Staff in South Australia not just at one particular bowl.
Sorry if i offended anyone, however there is nothing wrong with freedom of speech and that is exactly what this forum is about as well as talking to one another. Now before I forget.
This is just my opinion (not aimed at anyone personally)
THANKS
DAVID SNIEDZE

So if this is only aimed at the AMF centre you bowl at why didn't you put the title of the thread something like "Will South Australia Amf ever get it right".?

Sandy:confused:

lordsan said:
with the cafe revamp thing a bowl of chips, gravy and large coke is over $10 and it still takes forever to get to you as well as being the worst food you can buy
I've eaten worse food, the girls in the cafe at both Moonah and Launceston have looked after me pretty well down the years so no complaints from me there, the new pricing however is pretty obscene and I don't buy from the cafes anywhere near like I used too as a result.
bitchy lil brunette said:
So if this is only aimed at the AMF centre you bowl at why didn't you put the title of the thread something like "Will South Australia Amf ever get it right".?
Sandy:confused:
Maybe because SNEEZY didn't start the thread perhaps ;)

I have always gotten my winnings at the presentation night at the end of the league, usually the following weekend or week.

That is exactly right i didn't start this thread, only merely responsed to it like other members of this forum (hence why we are in the third page).

As a South Australian I don't have first hand experience in what other AMF Centres are like on a regular basis in other states. I have however been in a few AMF Centres in other states whilst bowilng in tournaments. I must say the organisation level is far better there than it is here. Interstate the staff at least are williing to help you and look like they at least enjoy there jobs. Cross Roads is probably the most helpful in SA without a doubt when it comes to customer service.

My main gripe is not the staff of AMF Bowling centres in SA but the processes that seem to be neglected far too often. I say this as it isn't like the centre didn't know that the money was required by a certain date. Looking at this on a customer service level is extremely bad. Sure there are processes where signatures are required for the movement of money, etc etc but in the whole of Australia where there would be hundreds of leagues why should the Friday Night league be the one that has to wait so long for the money to come through. secondly, if there is someone on leave at the head office, surely there is someone filling in that can sign a cheque or whatever the process is to get the money to the league on time for its presentation the following week.

I spoke to the Assistant manager at Cross Road, on Monday night (10/07/06) as a response to my first post in this thread I posted and was informed that there was a problem with the signatories or something and that the matter was in hand. Like I said hopefully the money will come in soon. Also that the money couldn't come out of the till as there wouldn't be enough money there (not that i ever thought they would do that anyway).

Beau Valance - Money taken out of the till is illegal yes if the money is pocketed by that particular Staff Member. If it is accounted for though as to where the money has gone, then there wouldn't be a problem but then it is just a matter of procedure and process that has to be abided by in that regard. For example: if $X was to come out of the till for presentations then that money when doing the recap at the end of the night needs to be itemised and put through the till in a certain way. If that can't be done then it wouldn't be an option. Then there is a question of how much is in the till as it is cleared regularly. Therefore wouldn't be an option anyway.

Oh yeah before i forget!!

Just my thoughts and opinion - not meant to offend anyone.

THANKS

Back
Top Bottom