Will AMF ever get it right????

JIMBOB

Regular
Last year I bowled in a doubles league on a Sunday night at Cross Road bowling centre. The league went for 20 weeks. At the end of the league it took 9 weeks to get our prize money back. I left that league and joined one on a friday night. It also went for approx 20 weeks.The league finished 5 weeks ago and still no prize fund back. Has anyone else out there have/had an similar experience?
I wonder whether AMF would allow us to go 5-9 weeks without paying our bowling fees each week? How hard is it to write out a few cheques? Just another example of poor customer service and the bowler/customer getting screwed.

Yes, it would seem this is happening everywhere. In queensland a fellow bowler of mine bowled a 300 5 months ago, still havent seen money or high achievement award as to date. I bowled 1 2 months ago, wont be holding my breath to get it some time soon.

Amf would rather social bowlers than league bowlers any day of the week. It means more money for them, so this is there goal, in my opinion. Leagues in future years will be a thing of the past. Sad but looks like Non Amf centres will be haveing the good future leagues.

I tend to agree with you Hammer. And this opinion is born out by the fact that RM has not even bothered to appoint someone to take up the AMF seat on the TBA National Board.
The position is still vacant, which implies that AMF really couldn't care less.

Thats ridiculous, what excuse could they possibly have for delaying the payment of prize monies? It's not their money, shouldn't it just be a simple exercise of withdrawing the money from the bank or writing out a cheque and taking the money from the centre till? There is no excuse for this behaviour, if this is how they treat their customers, how do they treat their employee's?

Shawn

I must say that the league I bowl in is a total sham. It is so badly organised that it's beyond embarrassing for participants. The league standings and averages are inaccurate and nobody seems to know how long the league will run for. There has been no mention of prizemoney and certificates for weekly winners are always forgotten and silly excuses are made.

I think AMF really need to get their act together. They can't run a chook raffle by the looks of it! :mad:

Here's the public face of AMF. This is a small extract from their website.
AMF is also committed to advancing the sport of Tenpin Bowing through its support and association with national sporting bodies such as Tenpin Bowling Australia (TBA). Independent proprietor groups: Australian Bowling Proprietors Association (ABPA) and the Goldpin chain of independent centres participate in close cooperation with AMF's sporting and marketing strategies.

Just a suggestion to all league bowlers , elect your own committee President , Secretary, Treasurer etc. run your own league . Believe me its not rocket science. The only money held by AMF for the respective leagues that i participate are rebate amounts which our treasurer requests 4 weeks before season ends.The only people we find slow to respond to anything is TBA.:rolleyes:

The reason they dont or wont pay the prize money on time is most likely because, a lot of buisness have agreements with banks that if they keep a certain amount of money in there account for the whole year, they get a good interest. So, they hang on to league money untill they know that when they withdraw the money they will still have that amount they need to get there interest. Another way of making money off your money.

As for only aiming for social, thats no secret.
Staff in some amf centres even tell the league bowlers this is happening.

with the cafe revamp thing a bowl of chips, gravy and large coke is over $10 and it still takes forever to get to you as well as being the worst food you can buy

And yet bowlers still choose to return to these centres and these leagues!

If you and your fellow league members have had enough of the way you are treated, find a new centre. Organise yourselves and speak with another local centre to arrange league fees, points structures and times that suit you. There are plenty of other centres out there that would be happy to take your business, and if you feel that ALL AMF centres are the same, there are lots of non AMF centres out there.

Never had a problem getting the prize fund from our AMF centre down here.... Might have something to do with that each league has a Tresurer that does it themselves

this is about your post brunswick tech look what happen to warren stewart thats how they treat some of there staff i think that was 1 of there mistakes sacking him but oh well there loss

peter56 said:
this is about your post brunswick tech look what happen to warren stewart thats how they treat some of there staff i think that was 1 of there mistakes sacking him but oh well there loss

The big A have successfully forced some of the most experienced and knowledgeable people out of the Australian Tenpin industry....................the list is almost endless........................they have, and will continue to pay dearly for needlessly cracking the whip..................

Shawn

honestly, amf is a dream compared to some bowling alleys.. i know of one in newcastle, where i was coaching, and he would charge an extra $14 to use a pair of lanes, and this was even in quiet times!! it cost a league bowler $26 to bowl 3 games!!! NOW THATS A JOKE!! i am not saying who it was but if u know my email addy then thats a clue on what center it is!!!

Jimbob you aren't the only one that is a little pissed. I don't expect to get anything from the league on Friday night but it is annoying even so that when you get told that there is going to be a presentation and each week it is called off because the money hasn't come through.

I would like to question what AMF have done with the paperwork. The Secretary of the league is expecting them to say that they have lost the paperwork required to get the money, but at the same time with the turnover of staff in AMF for South Australia it wouldn't surprise me that the staff have no Ideal about what they are doing.

I don't know why they don't take it out of the till and then account for it when the money comes in - how hard it that!!! Hang on a minute - this requires a brain and someone with a qualification to work it out!!

I would suggest that the league works out exactly how much money is needed for prizes and match that against the money they receive each week from the bowlers. That way the league doesn't pay the centre a cent until the money that the bowlers have paid in each week is dished out to the bowlers requiring prizes from the previous season.

I do hope that the money comes in soon. I am sick of wasting my Friday Nights as I don't make plans just in case I have a presentation to go to!!!! (for the record - I have left that league)

THANKS

DAVID SNIEDZE

First of all, I work part time for AMF but my experiences were the same before working for AMF.
The 2 leagues I bowl in are in 2 different AMF centres. There has never been any problems with prize funds being paid out. One league pays out approx. $40,000 each season. We finished 3 weeks ago, paid out the following week and started bowling again last week. The other league finishes 1st week December and pays out the following week.
If you have trouble getting paid out, your Committee should arrange to meet the Centre Manager. Give them the courtesy of making a time to meet and tell them briefly the subject at the time of making the appointment e.g. we finished bowling X weeks ago and the prizes haven't been paid out. He/she may not have been aware there is a problem. If you don't get any satisfaction from the Manager, find out who is the Regional Manager.
There shouldn't be a problem!
Sumo

lordsan said:
with the cafe revamp thing a bowl of chips, gravy and large coke is over $10 and it still takes forever to get to you as well as being the worst food you can buy

Fair enough the food may seem expensive but just because where you bowl takes forever to get and taste bad, does not mean that all AMF centre cafes are the same. The AMF centre cafe that I work at has a good reputation for their food and service. So don't put us all in the same catergory.
Sandy :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom