merger

If the 2 Melbourne bowling associations merge, it will heal a rift from 30 years ago. I hope it happens and egos won't get in the way.

Sumo

Though not involved or aware of any thing that has been discussed I believe the 2 associations are having talks that are aimed for a merger once the two can agree to terms that benefit both and take the sport forward here in Melbourne.

I would be curious to know, if this happens, how would their membership measure against TBA's??

Liz

I would be curious to know, if this happens, how would their membership measure against TBA's??

Liz

Liz

It wouldn't surprise me if they easily exceed the number of TBA registered players in Melbourne by as much as tow or even three to one.

Hi All
The MTBA and CTBAM have been having dicussions about merging for about 11 months and are now at the stage of holding Special General Meetings to approve it.

The initial combined membership of the merged association (planned to be call "United Tenpin Bowling Association") will be around 4500 members. (This compares with TBA's current Victorian membership of around 3000 of which mostly consist of country members.)

The interests of our members are and will continue to be our number one priority. A merged association will only enhance the resources available to all members. The merger will also eliminate the duplication of many of the tasks that currently exist within the Melbourne Associations.

The MTBA's Special General meeting will be held at 11am this Sunday the 25th October 2009 at Sunshine Bowl.
All current members are welcome to attend to discuss and hopefully approve the merger.

Thanks

Graham Pearson
President MTBA

noelene, there probably should have been given the numbers at both meetings as there was a CTBAM meeeting held at the same time

Back
Top Bottom