MTBA issues?

D

DaObserver

Can someone please fill me in on what is happening at the MTBA?

I have been getting negative reports about administrative and organisational problems regarding the issuance of awards to bowlers from some centres in Melbourne. Apparently many awards are backdated quite some way. I am also aware that since Jess left the office the administrive handling of the office is at best a trickle.

Is it true that Leanne Healy is single handidly running this side of the office, while maintaining work on the other side of Melbourne? How can the office be open three days a week if there is no-one to answer the phone?

There has been talk of some leagues wanting to pull membership from MTBA. Partly due to league secretaries putting in their requests for awards and having to wait for these awards and cash prizes for weeks more than usual. Where will the leagues align membership?

Look, I am none too impressed with what is going on, but I don't have all the facts. So before anyone jumps down my throat claiming I am paying out on MTBA (for which I am sure some out there will think), I would ask that bowlers openly discuss what has been going on and if reps from MTBA are reading I encourange you to post your thoughts and opinions.

I look apon the MTBA with great pride and respect and with the late turn of leadership I am worried the direction MTBA are taking. There are some great people working with the MTBA whom I regard highly, so please do not respond to this as if I am being slanderous, I would just like some answers.

Everyone's thoughts are welcome!

Cheers........Brad Allen. :p

Not sure of the issue's but you are honest and have put your name to it so that's a great start. We have delay's but our bowler's are ok about it.

Knox Tuesday Turkey's 18.30

Gary..........................................................:cool:

We do not have any problems with awards for our leagues at Ed Fleming Lanes. And yes since jess has left I am led to believe that the MTBA committee are doing the best to handle all awards as quickly as possible.:cool:

We don't have any problems with MTBA. Infact I can only speak highly of Leane for her professionalism. Leane can be contacted anytime day / night if our league had any problems. Every new administration takes time so give them that and also remember how many leagues they have to deal with the rewards things :D
Don't forget all the meetings she have to attend to solve problems with "morons" and s*** stirers from every league!! :p
Am sure if theres no problems and no meetings, you will have your rewards the next day ;) ;)

As Secretary of the MTBA and on behalf of the Committee:

I will respond to Brad Allen, Gary and anyone else who has concerns as placed in the the previous posts.

The MTBA has been in existence for a quite a number of years and many of today's bowlers have been associated and sanctioned with the MTBA for a long time.
We have only the bowler’s welfare at heart and everyone on the committee, past and present, are in a voluntary position by choice, they are or have been bowlers themselves.

We do have at this point of time a small back log of work that is being done that needs to get back to all leagues and bowlers, this is due to a number of reasons, one not with standing that as pointed out in the MTBA's letter to all league secretaries we will be be issuing our sanctioned bowlers with the TBA Registered player cards, this is a monumental task in itself.
There is also the number of meetings that need to be attended to, whether it be with AMF, TBA, VicTenpins or any other facet of the bowling world that has an impact on our bowlers, we have been or will be there to be the voice of our sanctioned bowlers. Quite a number of these are done during periods that committee members would love to be doing the many things that should be done.
For the many bowlers who enjoy the number of tournaments out there provided by the many committees associated with the game of Tenpin Bowling, not just the MTBA, there is a lot of work to co-ordinate all the things that need to happen to get the bowlers on the lanes and to get them to experience the best possible event that can and will be put on by these people.
We are in a watershed period this year and all can rest assured that we are out there doing our dandiest to the right thing of our bowlers.

I have replied here on Total Bowling because I feel strong in my heart that all the MTBA Committee will want our bowlers to understand that all that we can do for them is being done and if there are any outstanding items/issues that are still be resolved, it will be done.

In today's medium we have quite a number of communicative measures accessible to us, of which Total Bowling is one, but there is also the answering machine, direct email, many mobile phone numbers posted in centers and on entry forms of either our President-Leanne Healey, myself (Joe Fazzari) or other committee members.

If any-one would like the opportunity to discuss this or any other issue please feel free to either email the Committee via [email protected], or call me on 0412 780 275 and on behalf of the Committee I shall respond in kind.

With best wishes
Joe Fazzari
Secretary MTBA

Fuzz,

Thankyou very much for that detailed reply, I appreciate that you took the time to be quite specific. I now have the answer I was looking for and could not have got it from anyone more dedicated and qualified to speak on this subject.

Thanks Fuzz!

DaObserver said:
Fuzz,
Thankyou very much for that detailed reply, I appreciate that you took the time to be quite specific. I now have the answer I was looking for and could not have got it from anyone more dedicated and qualified to speak on this subject.
Thanks Fuzz!
Actually Brad thanks to you most bowlers here knows whats going on with MTBA and am sure they appreciate you for this and of coz Fuzz !! :D

Why didnt you phone someone at the MTBA , you say your not having a crack at the MTBA but instead of giving them the respect of a phone call you put a post on here to try to drum up support . Maybe next time a spot on the commitee comes up you will step forward . Support them they are supporting us .

Christian

Back
Top Bottom