Mackay Junior Open Proposal

What Date Suits You Guys?

• 23rd, 24th and 25th of June

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey everyone,
Jnr open in Mackay sounds good, even better if it was around July (sort of something to replace nationals in the bowling calendar :p ).
I have a suggestion regarding the format. Perhaps there could be something like they do at national jnr masters, where if you don't get through the first round (a qualifying round, maybe?) you go into a playoff against everyone else who didn't get through, play 5 games, and then the person who bowls highest scratch total out of that group becomes the 'Plate' winner. I think that's how they do it, my memory's a little bit hazy. If you give people some sort of garuntee that they can still participate even if they get knocked out straight up (gives them something to do for the rest of the weekend) then you get a bigger number of competitors. This would also be good for less experienced bowlers who want to bowl in tournaments and gain confidence but always get beaten by older, stronger bowlers, as it gives them more opportunity to gain experience in the tournament atmosphere (I would have loved that when i was just starting... still would!)
It's just a thought anyway.
No matter what the format I'll be there.

Hey Mellisa,
I know i certainly would be intersted in bowling at Mackay for a Junior Open. I have bowled at Mackay once before and I loved it..... there was great atmosphere and the tournaments are such a buzz when held there. Hope all juniors get behind this great idea
All the best!!
Melanie

Ok guys, well I think i have enough support to show my boss for now, so I'm going to submit my proposal and i'll get back to you with how it went and whether or not this open will be going ahead *fingers crossed*

MJ xoxo

Back
Top Bottom