Live Streaming from Cyprus

If we didn't have Hong Kong right before it I believe it would have been a lot easier because we could have shipped the gear over.

Disgraceful that national team members get no meaningful funding from the government or TBA. Very disappointing and will leave Australia always a step behind the rest

Disgraceful that national team members get no meaningful funding from the government or TBA. Very disappointing and will leave Australia always a step behind the rest
TBA cover cost of Uniforms and Lineage which i think is pretty good considering they don't have a lot of money

Fair call Bec but makes it hard if u want to progress to the next level by attending as many quality international events as possible... Without backing very few could afford the travel

I really enjoyed the hong kong fundraiser night that Bee and Brendan did at Kedron. Most competitive bowlers want to support the Strikeroos as much as they can and it showed that night. But really to make it sustainable the government should really step in and help, it's the only way.

WTF ??????,,,,, How can it cost $2600 to send some bowling balls overseas,,, wats the breakdown of the costs?? and how many balls were you taking??
Sorry, but that sounds a bit extreme

johnnybg

WTF ??????,,,,, How can it cost $2600 to send some bowling balls overseas,,, wats the breakdown of the costs?? and how many balls were you taking??

johnnybg

Airlines are airlines, they will try and bugger you anyway they can, I can still remember BA wanting to charge me $1500 for one extra ball when I flew to British Open over 10 years ago, and this was just at the gate when checking in even though I had extra baggage allowance.

Unfortunately a lot of airlines don't mesh with each other and flying one out of HK might have conflicted with the next to get to Cyprus, where no excess baggage allowance was available, suddenly you are paying $20-30 plus a kilo for your weight, Europe isn't friendly with excess baggage.

johnnybg

Not many airlines fly to Cyprus from Hong Kong so because they weren't major airlines like qantas etc who make millions, they wanted to charge some stupid amount. I believe it was based on 6 balls eachn

TBA needs more members..

More members = more initial $$$ into the sport
More members also = greater participation = great ASC funding possibilities = more funding = $$$ to inject into all levels of the sport

TBA needs more members..

More members = more initial $$$ into the sport
More members also = greater participation = great ASC funding possibilities = more funding = $$$ to inject into all levels of the sport

Beat me to it Bee! ;)

TBA membership should not be an option. Bowl a league be a member. I have posted many times that I would not be concerned if my membership fee went up and the extra went to advertising and national teams.

I also stated that in the survey on the TBA site.

Every one in the sport will benifit in the long run.

But that's just me.

TBA membership should not be an option. Bowl a league be a member. I have posted many times that I would not be concerned if my membership fee went up and the extra went to advertising and national teams.

I also stated that in the survey on the TBA site.

Every one in the sport will benifit in the long run.

But that's just me.

I agree John, you want to bowl a league in a bowling centre, you get sanctioned, centres can obviously offer non sanctioned leagues, but they should be restricted in numbers and be based around being fun etc. But the easiest ppl to get registered are newbies, they expect a registration fee of some kind as most compete in a variety of other sports, where registration fees 'are compulsory'. Simple.

Back
Top Bottom