Ken Mills Kup 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has also been extremely dedicated to the juniors & their efforts over the years & I have had the fortune to be one of the juniors he took under his wing as far back as 1988. It was fabulous having him as a coach & we all had awesome times at Swinging Singles & pool parties at the Mill's house. Fond regards Rachel Spicer[/QUOTE said:
Just a thought.

Ken has contributed so much to developing Junior talent for a very long time. There are literally hundreds of ex-Juniors out there who have had the pleasure of his mentoring, support, care and love. Despite his health problems over the past few years, he still continues in this fantastic role. As a tribute to Ken, what are your thoughts, as ex-Swinging Singles bowlers in having a tournament along the same lines as this one for those who are no longer in the Junior ranks?

I can just imagine Ken's face seeing the Redcliffe Centre filled with teams representing each year of his charges. What a day!! What a Reunion!!

As I said, just a thought. What do you think?

Cheers

Feral

I think you should ask Mr Mills what he thinks about it...
But I also think that it doesnt have much to do with this tournament...
Can you honestly say that having a tournament for ex-Swinging Singles bowlers has anything to do with the current tournament at hand?

Anyways...
Have the 10 spots been filled for the tournament?
And could someone post a list of those centres who have nominated if all spots are filled?

Well Adam, i think this whole thing is about Mr. Mills, so i think its relavent. And i dont think an ex-swinging singles tournament would be very good, but maybe if Queensland was looking for a second good youth tournament, then something could happen with that.
And im not quite sure if all ten spots have been filled yet, but i would say they would be, or close to it. Darren is back from holidays today so i will get him to put up the teams the next time i see him
Just some thoughts, take care

Im fully aware that this is completely about Mr Mills but I was referring more to the fact that an ex-Swinging Singles tournament has no real business in this thread...
Im not trying to deny all the work that Mr Mills has done for so many juniors, Im a fan of the man!

Im just saying, like you said earlier Hamish, lets stay on topic... :)

Feral said:
Just a thought.

I can just imagine Ken's face seeing the Redcliffe Centre filled with teams representing each year of his charges. What a day!! What a Reunion!!

Cheers

Feral

I think Feral was only referring to the fact the Mr Mills would get a buzz out of catching up with his ex Swingers like:

Michael Little
Kenny Gresham
Rebecca Daintry
Simon Reeves
Elissa Elliot
Mark McBride
Stephen Sourris
Peter Sourris
Lex Smallhorne
Amanda Reeves
Chris Smallhorne
Naomi Benson
Lance Shipston
Helene Day
Troy Knight
Raymond Knight

etc etc just a few names & there are many many more before & after all these people.

Anyway at the end of the day this tournament is in honor of a lovely man & perhaps a fun day/night in his honor with old, current & up & coming bowlers would be more appropriate. It would be more relaxed & for those who are no longer in the bowling scene they could still enjoy it :p

Rach

Woops SORRY if i "Offend" other rocky bowlers, but however, trying to be honest, PLUS careful, NO there is NO competition as far as Rocky juniors go!!!
OHHH GOD HELP ME NOW!!!!

If u cant be honest... why be here at all huh?

AND Ken Mills is the best....
He is a great person, one of the best ive ever had the priveledge of knowing, wonderful coach, perfect husband, AND THE best father ever!

Hi to all, I've just come back from 3 weeks holidays and just spent some time going through this site and am elated at the correspondence, especially the fantastic comments about Ken, I haven't caught up with him yet but I know he will be stoked with the kind words and well deserved.
Todate I have 9 centres nominated with just 1 vacancy left.
The nominated centres are:
Redcliffe
Aspley
Gold Coast
Kedron
Richlands
Sunshine Coast
Mt Warren
Garden City Lanes
Mt Gravatt
With only 1 centre spot available I would urge any centre thinking of coming to ring and nominate as this is going to be an annual event this years nominated teams will get first preference next year.
Keep up the comments
Cheers Dufus

As a junior in the early 80's, I think this is not just a wonderful idea but I am sure the man himself would be speechless but very very humble in being honoured in such a way.

He has certainly seen many a junior come through the ranks even as far back as then and possibly before, right through to this very day. It's men like Ken who has loved this sport on many levels, that it's only fitting to honour him this way.

But as you know Ken and many others are an elite all to themselves and I hope it's just as successful as the man himself. It will be a fantastic day and hope to see many faces from way back then and now, bowl on the day. Let September roll on..............

Regards,
RainbowMagic.

cRuNcHiE said:
arn't people getting just a little off track in this thread

Like who cRuNcHiE.....

I think everyone is expressing there gratitude to the man in there own way. Or are you refering to the actual event....please explain yourself.

RainbowMagic.

Congrats to you Darren for getting all 10 teams. Fabulous Tourny and a Fabulous Centre and a Fabulous Person running the show. I'll definately will put these dates in my DIARY. Have got to be there. LOVE NOMAD :D :D

Thanks Nomad for the GEE UP. Am thrilled to announce that the Ken Mills Kup is Full with 10 centres nominating a Boys and Girls Team.
The 10 Centres are:
Richlands
Redcliffe
Mt Gravatt
Capalaba
Aspley
Mt Warren
Kedron
Sunshine Coast
Gold Coast
Garden City Lanes
More information will be sent soon to each of these centres.
Thanks to everyone for the enthusiasm shown for this tournament as it is recognition for a man that has done so much for the Sport of Tenpin.
Cheers Dufus

To all Juniors that have nominated for the Ken Mills Kup and the Mckenna Shield teams representing Redcliffe the Roll Off date has changed to Sunday 31st July at 2.00 p.m. Nominations are still open. Contact Redcliffe on Ph 3284 1513
Cheers Dufus

dufus what type of lane condtion's r u putting down for the kup is it
the normal pat or a new pat

Hey Guys if you are going to post about the Ken Mills Kup please post facts not fiction. The condition will not be our house pattern.
Cheers

Chris fleming is a jurk and should not have got into the rocky team and he is going to bowl shit and will not stand it i know it.

jgosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom