Kegel Millions Oil Pattern

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
For those who don't know.....

About 10 years Kegel tried to run a tournament named the Kegel Millions in which they were going to offer $1,000,000 for a team of 5 if they could crack the magic 4000 barrier. They produced what they deem to be the 'Ultimate' in lane conditions providing bowlers with the easiest lane condition ever made. They wanted to see if a team could break the 4000 barrier given the ultimate in conditions (gutters, kickbacks, pindecks, pins, etc). It was to be held at the Kegel training centre in Florida.

Sadly this event never got off the ground however they did lay the pattern at the Kuwait Open that year. That event which was a 9 game re-entry event (3 x 3 games) which ran for a week generated 27 perfect games with a cut to make the finals being 250 neat. I remember this clearly as Andrew Frawley avg 249 and missed :).

To cut a long story short, I now have this pattern and have attached it below. It's not for everyone but if you want to throw a tonne of strikes and stroke your own ego a little get your tech to lay it for shits and giggles. I recently acquired it, I am just sharing it with the world :)

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Kegel_s Million_NM.pdf
    243.7 KB · Views: 217
Wait until you get to seniors we bowl on this crap all the time and it still dont help.We just shake the hand of the lefties before the tournament starts. Lmao

Last edited:
George the ratio is 8.33 and this is the easiest pattern ever made.... does that say something about patterns that are a higher ratio than that? i.e. that sometimes superhigh ratio patterns can actually play harder than something at a lower ratio?

Anything with a higher ratio can make it pretty wet-dry. Kegel made this for sport/tournament bowlers; so they wouldnt want to lay something down that gets destroyed with some high revs and aggressive balls.

Kegel took into account entry angle, break point and oil transition from what I am told. This pattern plays easiest on the fresh and yes you're right, a higher ratio can result in over/under reaction. I know a few friends of mine have bowled on this and it was ridiculous (in a good way)

Sounds like the Milo tournament in Malaysia last year. 48th place, the cut for Masters, averaged 250 neat. Sam Cooley missed the cut by 1 pin!

George the ratio is 8.33 and this is the easiest pattern ever made.... does that say something about patterns that are a higher ratio than that? i.e. that sometimes superhigh ratio patterns can actually play harder than something at a lower ratio?
Only if you have decent ball roll.

Reactions: CT
Back
Top Bottom