Just Currious

M

Mr. Irrelevant

Over here in the good ol' US of A, it is March Madness time. Do you Aussies care about it like we do? It is possibly the greatest time of the year for us. Upsets galore (unfortunately including my beloved Sooners :mad: ) make this a great spectacle to watch. A lot of people take off Thursday and Friday to sit around and watch all the games, and you are hard pressed to find an office that is not running a bracket pool.

I think it unfortunately goes pretty much unnoticed over here.
Mainly due to the fact that there is little or no TV coverage. Even our pay TV services like FOXTEL don't show too many of the games.
From what i've seen on ESPN though it looks like its an absolutely mammoth event.

Plus this year we have the Commonwealth Games down here in Melbourne and that is drawing attention away from basically everything else.

That's too bad. If you guys love hoops, it is an event like not other. Last night alone there were two upsets (The University of Kansas lost as did Michigan State). UConn, a #1 seed was down 10 half way throught the 2nd half and then wound up turning it on and winning by double digits. It was a crazy night. Can't wait for today's games as more upsets are possible.

Back
Top Bottom