JUNIOR SHIELD(the future and pure class)

lol keon park are known for recruiting bowlers from other centers
and this years forrest hills boys was the super team cause they are all mates bowling together
if ya wanna have fun u bowl with ya mates not your fault if u all average over 200 they are all mates cause they bowl for there state together simple as that

p.s philby gwhtiing is in his 40s not that young at all he is my dad lol

No phantom league this year?
Please tell me they knew how to spell Forrest Hill?

aahhhhh the memories.

Fair to say the Keon Park boys who experienced that year had enough motivation to ensure no one was going to beat us for the next three years.... a very very strong TEAM (that just happened to contain some quality bowlers as well)

Recruiting bowlers what the ??? It was because at the time keon park had awesome junior development... I mean i bowled with the likes of Brad Allen, Luke Burton, Simon Jackon, Nat Shelley Tracey Madden Tamara Daremenia and the list goes on... From Memory the only bowler that wanted to bowl for us was Micky Z when he first started his bowling

Anyways my 2 cents worth :)

Jimmy Bowles

i am mis quoted when i first got into bowling keon bowlers were good but bak then u all came from the suburbs not the country i am not having a go i am just saying why do the country bowlers end up in the keon team keon are still good but not all suburben bowlers

they could all be mates which is the most likely thing but i not saying keon recruit but dont all the centers try to recruit good young talent to bowl in there center

i am mis quoted when i first got into bowling keon bowlers were good but bak then u all came from the suburbs not the country i am not having a go i am just saying why do the country bowlers end up in the keon team keon are still good but not all suburben bowlers

they could all be mates which is the most likely thing but i not saying keon recruit but dont all the centers try to recruit good young talent to bowl in there center

So are you saying if that someone travels to compete in a league every week then that person shouldnt be in the team for that centre?
Isnt travelling from the Country the same as someone who, say, lives near Sunshine but commutes to Keon Park to play?

The main reason country bowlers tend to end up at Keon is because of its close proximity to the ring road and freeways. Its easy to get to and has a range of strong Adult leagues most nights. I wouldnt want to travel 2 hours each way to bowl against lower average bowlers. If your aim is to improve you do that by testing yourself against the best. Another reason Keon Juniors are so strong is they are encouraged to bowl in strong adult leagues. There they get support and advise that helps them in all areas of there game. James Bowles, Craig Ryan, Jess Ryan, Tracey Madden, Matto Obrien gee i could go on and on. They all bowled in Adult leagues from there early teens. It only makes you stronger.

Phil

And apoligys for calling you a young man. If it was me i would take it as a compliment lol

well maybe it is for the best to try it out for one year
like in the afl during the who cares cup they try new rules to see how it goes
i have done a backflip here maybe see how it goes for one year but not next year try it the year after alot of good bowlers are ageing out next year let them have there last year with it scratch

If you want to try it why dont you hold 2 Junior shields during the year 6 months apart and see what feedback you get after both of them. Otherwise you might just have to start a new tournament and call it somthing else.

Deano

You are right and it doesn't attract the same calibre of bowler (no offence meant to those who bowl in it).

Leave it scratch, it aint broke so don't try fixing it!

Country bowlers, such as us in the Valley, used to be invited to the Juniour sheild when Bob Hinton was running the show, I think we won 2 out of 3 years when we had up to 8 (yes that many!) state reps in our side (All home grown!), I can remember one years team was Nicole V, Bea R, Katie E, Kate T, Tanya B, (All state Chicks), Ryan H, Jason M, Brendan T, Corey B, Brent M, and cant remember the rest and won by an absolute mile, we were never invited back, Must have been to good for the Melbournites!
Can anyone shed some light on why?
We would not have had such goods side's if it were a handicapped tourny, Most would not have bothered.

Hey Jason that was wen it was the big Country vs City thing. Even when i bowled shield majority was from the country. It was always that the city bowlers thought they were that much better because they were from the city and we were just country bumpkins. I think results showed otherwise.

Deano

Country bowlers, such as us in the Valley, used to be invited to the Juniour sheild when Bob Hinton was running the show, I think we won 2 out of 3 years when we had up to 8 (yes that many!) state reps in our side (All home grown!), I can remember one years team was Nicole V, Bea R, Katie E, Kate T, Tanya B, (All state Chicks), Ryan H, Jason M, Brendan T, Corey B, Brent M, and cant remember the rest and won by an absolute mile, we were never invited back, Must have been to good for the Melbournites!
Can anyone shed some light on why?
We would not have had such goods side's if it were a handicapped tourny, Most would not have bothered.

Jason,

reason you guys wern't invited back was because you weren't needed, you guys were only there to make up numbers (and kick our buts), those were the good days, don't destroy JS by making it handicapped!!

Back
Top Bottom