junior ratings

kagg69

hello,this is my first time so bear with me, could someone please tell me what tournies are used for the junior ratings and how they are worked out? Went to Junior Nationals and had a great time, many thanks to Andrew, things seemed to run fairly smoothly after he arrived.kagg69

Hi Sandi,

Welcome to Graham Williams' super web-site. If you're interested in Tenpin Bowling you've certainly found the right place to be.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no "JUNIOR ratings" system in Australia, so I am guessing that you are referring to the YOUTH Divisions (Female and Male) of TBAL's National Rankings Programme. Youth is defined as under 23 years of age as at 1 January 2001. Accordingly, in addition to the juniors, the Youth Divisions include bowlers who have aged out of juniors during the last 5 years.

Fairly extensive information about the rankings programs has been posted on the National News section of this Forum under the Topic: TBAL 2001 National Rankings Programme -- Venues/Dates. If you read the postings there and then have further questions, or need clarification of any point, I would be happy to try to help you.

Sandi, the next Youth National Rankings event is the South Australian Under 23, to be bowled at Elizabeth on 18/19 August. It is the last such event for 2001 but, because the rankings operate on a 12-month "rolling" basis, the sooner you start participating in the Nationally Ranked Tournaments (including the relevant Open and Ladies Only Events), the sooner you start building-up your points tally. Details of this event also are posted in the National News section of this Forum and there is other discussion in the South Australia/Northern Territory Stateside section. Let me know if you want an Entry Form.

I'm glad you enjoyed the Junior Nationals and wish you best of luck with your bowling in the future
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif

The ratings that I was talking about appeared in the official results of the Junior Nationals of 2000.Was this only State ratings or National? There were only juniors listed and not Youth.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Sandi,

I have to admit that your initial question and subsequent comments have got me stumped on this one.
icon_rolleyes.gif
icon_rolleyes.gif

I have the TBAL Book titled "OFFICIAL RESULTS Of The 2000 30th Australian Junior Championships" in front of me. The only information that appears in this publication concerns events that formed part "...... of the Junior Nationals of 2000", e.g. Singles, Doubles, Teams, President's Shield, Open Masters, Classic Cup, Restricted Cup, President's Shield Male and Female All Star Listings, etc.

In other words, NO information appears in the official results book for the 2000 Junior Nationals about any kind of "junior ratings", either State or National, for the junior tournaments run in Australia last year.
icon_rolleyes.gif
icon_rolleyes.gif
Nor, to the best of my knowledge, were there any such "junior ratings" system in operation last year (or this year, for that matter).

Sandi, what is the title of the official results book you were looking at and do you still have a copy of it?

Hi Sandi,
It is a shame that the TBA do not run a ratings point system for Juniors,But I can understand why,Here in NSW we run a Junior ratings but it is hard to get all the Junior Tournament Directors to send in final Standing Sheets of there respective Tournaments and then collate it all so a true and just Ratings can then be presented at our Junior State Championships the following year.
Regards,
Greg
icon_smile.gif

this problem can be fixed

if the TBA offers a tournament sanction to a junior or youth event.

it should have stipulations, one being the honoring of the sanction, by submitting the full results.

penalties for not doing so, i don't want to go into, but surely there is a way.

Back
Top Bottom