Why wont they change it?

I've just thought of something what happens if high scores are bowled with 3:1 on the lanes,I guarantee it will happen the more people practise on it and have their balls set up for early flip (this more than anything is why those of you that had trouble at blacktown could'nt handle it,the other problem is body angle at release ),do we tie one hand behind their back maybe we tie their legs together.
I'm sure others could come up with other solutions.
willey.

Hey Guys and Girls.

l must say l wish l did bowl Blacktown to see what everyone was talking about but due to personal reasons l couldn't make it. First off l gotta agree with a few ppl. We don't become as good as we are in our youth and adult ranks by whinging and crying like babies. We Take every tournement as a new challenge and even adventure and we as bowlers take the challenge up. l know how hard it is to practice and l work at a Tenpin Bowl (Bankstown) and l talk to my boss bout the lanes conditions not to suit me to suit everyone across the field. If we have a tournement coming up we put down that condition for a week (we did for the NSW Open last yr l think) for two reasons so bowlers can practice on it and secondly so the lanes acome custom to the oil. So we prepare the lanes.

The key is no matter how good you are you won't do any good in a tourny unless you make the effort to practice. l know because before every tourney l practice to match the best in the youth and l can because l believe l can. If you go to events with a negative additude then why go!

AS b4 conditions are down to improve your skills and show them off. So put ya mind to it and you will bowl good instead of think s*** these lanes are really s***. Follow Jez, Belmo, Brando and the fellow best and do the best you can. Thats what i do!

Now re-reading all the posts in this thread I can see both points of view.
First we have Belmo looking for a challenge to help him in his quest to sharpen his skills overseas,this seems to be the reason for the 3:1 oil ratio.Now take Blacktown for example 20 plus units of oil outside the second arrow,what do the top guys like Brando,Lean etc ,they throw a couple of balls wow this is a little tight,better pull out that Particle ball which turns over early,gee that was a challenge.
Now poor old duff-star travels all the way from QLD with his two balls(he and many like him,just wanting to see how they fare against the top guys,hoping to not make a fool of himself) only to find the slickest condition he ever encounted,his balls would'nt turn over,hit like they were 5 lb and he had trouble trying to adjust his body angle to throw in instead of out.
So Brando wins (well done) he had the experience to handle it,he packs all his balls in the car and feels great,meanwhile duff-star still does'nt know why his $400 ball did'nt work it must be the lanes,he feels pretty foolish too,this ain't for me I don't have a clue how to handle oil, I must be useless,little does he know most people can't handle oil,because it's the oil which kills scoring,in fact if you were to put just one unit of oil all over the backend my grandmother with her 10lb ball would beat Brando.
willey.

for ur infomation im actually a female.....and i know wat adjusting is...........but im not up there with the big bowlers......i just wanted to give it a shot i can bowl well on the odd occassion and if all the ppl like me werent in it sumone else would have to come last at least i gave it a shot

p.s. i bowl better with oil then without.......and i dont blame anyone but myself for the way i bowled

Willey's attitude is rather negative and I don't agree with it one bit. In fact, it is little wonder that there aren't as high numbers in tournaments (especially with the 180 and lower average bowlers) as there could be with comments such as his. Amanda gave it a go, which is more than can be said of me, admittedly, because I didn't bowl in that tournament. She obviously loves bowling, and that doesn't necessarily mean always expecting to make the cut, or win money and cups. Is there a problem with that? No there isn't, and if attitudes don't change then the drop in numbers is only going to continue, no matter what the organisers offer in the tournament itself. I have experienced that a little bit, too, and it wasn't all that pleasant.

what are all these bowlers that stuggle on the 3:1 patterns (which mind you the lane men are finding way's around) going to do when the TBA change it to a compulsory 2:1 pattern?

will be even more interesting

Sorry Duff Star but I was only going on your avatar to me looks male,I was only using you as an example to try and point out the sillyness of the 3:1 oil pattern,because for most of the bowlers it would have been like bowling on an other Planet.
Now I'm not pushing for easy conditions to bowl on,far from it what we had a few years ago, Blended oil patterns with a maximum unit increase across the lanes was scorable and challenging,but somehow the walled condition found it's way in to the country this condition was illegal in the 80s in Australia because the ATBC could see what would happen,but the ATBC dropped the ball in the early 90s and the walls were built, even the lane oiling machines have trouble not walling up the lanes.
Now I just want to reply to the forced 2:1 post,being in the industry and knowing a lot about lane conditioning,this would have to be the silliest thing I've ever heard,I know lanemen now are having trouble trying to set up the machines for 3:1.What the should be looking at is the Tournaments in the U.S. where they set a diferent condition on each day,now this would be more of a challenge.
willey.

Just have to say something here... Tournaments have always been very different to league - always have and always will be. I could rant and rave about the tournaments I should have won and the teams I should have been part of, but that is pointless.

Considering I have only ever bowled one league at a time and I have bowled for 17 years, I have accomplished next to nothing in terms of tournament wins. Why do I continue to bowl you ask? I bowl because I enjoy it... and I bowl to try to improve my average - and so far, every league average has increased.

Bowling is not cheap, but it is a sport, and all sports have different ability levels. I am a 200 average bowler yes, but consistently around that mark... nothing majorly deviates from the average... but in tournaments this average is around 190 which is not good enough to be competitive.

Have fun - only a select few are lucky enough to make a living out of this sport...

Back
Top Bottom