Jetstar Virgin and baggage allowance query

I can tell you all I won't be flying Jetstart if there is any question on me having excess baggage. I flew down with 3 other QLD Sth team-mates. Melbourne leg cost 3 of us $140 for excess and the return cost the 4 of us $240. No amount of questioning made any difference. Bowlers beware, DO NOT FLY JETSTAR if you baggage is over 20kg and that my friends is a 2 ball bowling bag and not much else.

Recently flew Cairns to Melbourne and return via Virgin carrying double the baggage limit which included 4 balls in 4 bag roller. I was asked to pay $80 excess baggage but when told the check in girl I had been told there was no fee for sporting equipment I was not charged. If you are asked to pay question it.

Flew QANTAS Brisbane to Melbourne with Qld team - group book in - no excess charges for suitcase and three bowling bags.
Returned QANTAS by self - $22 excess. :x First two items free, extra items $11 each. (Weight wasn't questioned). Despite explaining sporting goods :agrue: (and the group tags from the trip down were still attached) the b***h at counter 34 wouldn't budge. I had just been released from Royal Melbourne Hospital to catch the flight and wasn't in my usual fighting frame of mind. But I still managed to drop the $2 coin down the hole in her computer desk!! :twisted: That made the b***h really mad but I was too crook to really appreciate my $22 of pay back. :twisted: :wink:

Feral

Nah, had to return. :cry: Kev and I got it and took it to the main entry - a nice Vic W De V man drop kicked it through the doors, others gave it a good touch up before the tearful cockroachs rescued it. Got my eyes on a two-headed bear though. :wink: What u say Alan & co from the little sand pit off the Vic coast?

Feral (Steve)

i recently flew to melbourne for nationals with virgin adelaide to melbourne i had a 2 ball tote and a 4 ball all in 1 roller plus a large suit case as i was there for 3 weeks all up i had over 60kilos of luggage when i checked in to fly over he turned around and said to me that will be $120 excess i just looked at him and said wat are u talking about its all in sporting equipment it cant be helped i told him if i played darts it would be different but i dont i bowl there for my equipment is heavy he then made a call and said thats fine dont worry bout it but be careful cos next time u might not be so lucky on the way home the lady in melbourne didnt even ask about it she just said are they all bowling balls im like yep she said fine no worries and gave me my boading pass so i think its just a case of who u get serving u and wat type of mood they are in!!!

Before your flight please read or check what there are the rules between the company like QANTAS here i have copy for u to read, as you are aware of cost on depends the company would charge because of number of people on flight.

QANTAS

There are four general baggage systems:

Domestic - travel within Australia, based on the piece system.
Domestic New Zealand - travel within New Zealand, based on the weight system.
International Weight System - for travel to Asia, United Kingdom, Africa and the Pacific.
International Piece System - for travel to North and South America
Refer to the conditions of your ticket, or contact your local Qantas Office, to check what system you should follow. A charge will apply for any baggage carried in excess of the free allowance. The carriage of baggage in excess of the free baggage allowance is subject to space being available.

Jetstar

Baggage
Checked Baggage
When you travel with Jetstar you can take up to 20 kg of baggage per person for free and an additional 20 kgs which are subject to a charge.

For every kilo of baggage between 20 and 40 kg you will be charged $5 per kilo. This includes GST. Please note that no single item may weigh over 32 kg.

Baby accessories such as prams and portable cots will be checked in free of charge.

Bulky items such as surfboards, golf clubs and bicycles may be included as part of your 20 kg allowance. Please ensure that all bulky items are packed appropriately before being presented at check in. For further information on this click here

For your own convenience we recommend that you do not carry the following in your checked baggage:

fragile, delicate or perishable items
medicine
computers
items with a special value, such as money, jewellery, precious metals, silverware
negotiable papers, share certificates, securities or other valuable documents
cameras
personal electronic equipment including compact discs
commercial goods or business documents, or
passports and other travel documents.

VirHow Much Baggage Can Be Checked In?Virgin Blue
Each guest occupying a seat with Virgin Blue is able to check in baggage with a maximum total weight of 20kg without charge. An excess baggage charge will apply where total baggage is in excess of the 20kg limit. A summary of the charges is below:

Excess Baggage Charges
Total Baggage of 21 - 30 kg $10
Total Baggage of 31 - 35 kg $20
Total Baggage of 36 - 40 kg $50
Total Baggage of 41 - 45 kg $80
Total Baggage of 46 - 50 kg $120
Total Baggage in excess of 50 kg $120 + $5 per kg over 50 kg

No individual piece of baggage may exceed 32 kg or total linear dimensions (depth plus width plus length) of 140cm. Any wheelchairs and prams needed for personal use will of course be checked in free of charge.

Pacific Blue
Each guest occupying a seat with Pacific Blue is able to check in baggage with a maximum total weight of 20kg without charge. An excess baggage charge will apply where total baggage is in excess of the 20kg limit. A summary of the charges is below:

Excess Baggage Charges
Total Baggage of 21 - 30 kg AUD/NZD$25
Total Baggage of 31 - 35 kg AUD/NZD$50
Total Baggage of 36 - 40 kg AUD/NZD$75
Total Baggage of 41 - 45 kg AUD/NZD$100
Total Baggage of 46 - 50 kg AUD/NZD$125
Total Baggage in excess of 50 kg AUD/NZD$125 + AUD/NZD$10 per kg over 50 kg

No individual piece of baggage may exceed 32 kg or total linear dimensions (depth plus width plus length) of 140cm. Any wheelchairs and prams needed for personal use will of course be checked in free of charge.

gin Blue

Back
Top Bottom