The long and short of it

Agreed Luke
Malex is 12 years old! Maybe a bit of thought is required before posting? ;)
Or maybe he is not quite old enough to appreciate what George is posting or trying to explain to us mere mortals :) But I for one appreciate learning from his knowledge. No mater how long the post!!!!!

Grumpy gills said:
Agreed Luke
Malex is 12 years old! Maybe a bit of thought is required before posting? ;)
Or maybe he is not quite old enough to appreciate what George is posting or trying to explain to us mere mortals :) But I for one appreciate learning from his knowledge. No mater how long the post!!!!!

but there was no thought in a post like that. writing i cant be botherd to read it.

Very good reading.

I agree with the comments about overly aggressive bowling balls. My limited budget means that I can't invest in a three or four ball arsenal like other bowlers. I have had to adapt to all lane conditions with a single reactive resin ball (Fuze Igniter) and a urethane ball for sparing.

Yes, angles are useful to consider but something as simple as a bowler's hand position can be just as much of a life saver on the lane. With these changes, I am able to keep to a single line on most league nights. My choices can be summed up by line and length. Only having one ball to save me has taught me a lot about adaptations and consistency.

Comments, queries, insults - send 'em all my way!

GeorgeF said:
Dave
Another thing to take into account apart from the lane condition is the lane surface :D If I bowl on that condition again, I'd do the same thing. If it were on synthetics, thats a different story.

That's yet another interesting point, George. Surface is extremely under rated as a factor in our game. On the RHS, many synthetic installations are becoming track houses (not the ball brand).

For those of you young enough and lucky enough not to know what a track is, it was when a wooden lane, especially lacquer and shellac, got worn down by traffic between 10-15 board on the right, where the most play occurs. The track often determined where you had to play. As the 10-15 board area becomes worn by today's gummy reactives or straight out "barby brick" ball surfaces, synthetics are starting to show this same characteristic. This is going to make playing in strict accordance with the oil pattern, once we start seeing 20/1000" depressions forming in the track, tricky.

Just when you think you've got something worked out, along comes another variable... ;-)

jason_doust said:
Just when you think you've got something worked out, along comes another variable... ;-)

So that's why I've had trouble on synthetic lanes! I thought it was just me :p

Back
Top Bottom