i've found the coolest thing you will ever see!

That is very cool, i want one of those!!

Gone are the days of a good ball driller...;)

I knew there was a reason why I've been holding out on buying a playstation or an xbox! Think of the possiblities... a game for the kids and a training tool for bowlers who are too tight to pay for practice games. The best part is it took a washed up video console gaming company to think of it :p

\\:D/ GO MICROSOFT \\:D/

btw, anybody got an idea when Australia will see this???

November / December and from what I hear, the sports package will come standard with the console.

Hassle is; only one controller in the standard pack and rumour has it that it'll be $80 each for additional controller sets.

$80!!!! Ah well, I could cope with just the one controller... but the rest of the package sounds awesome :D.

Yeah, see I'm not a seroius gamer, so naturally I gravitate to Nintendo systems, because they're for kids, not serious gamers. I have a bunch of mates who are all expecting me to have four-player Wii sessions the way I have four-player GameCube sessions ...

Maybe I can make them buy their own controllers ...

Yeah the good part, however, is it is only $400, or you could wait and get a PS3 for around $1000.......

Yeah, I've never owned a game system that wasn't Nintendo, and I'm sure as h3ll not starting with a thousand-smackaroo PS3 ... (we call it the Pii - after the hilarious comic at www.cad-comic.com)

That game looks boring as hell. Yes it's good it might be a bowling game, but it's not a serious game. There's no detail what so ever in the background, on the lanes or even with the characters. Yes it might be fun to bowl with the Wii, but I want a realistic game, that is actually decent. Not some little childs game. I just don't understand how bowling is really big in the States and no-one can make a decent bowling game.

The only thing that makes this game interesting, is that you have to bowl yourself. Apart from that, I'm not excited over it, mainly because I think if you got something like a Wii, you should make something close to realism. Making a poor quality with no excitement in that game whatsoever, is going to bring the game value down and down.

I'm willing to bet they haven't programmed it to measure your hand position at release, either. Or a mechanism by which you can sand and polish your ball mid-game. Or put another piece of tape into the thumbhole.

A game is just a game - and a bowling game moreso. If I want realism, I'll go to the alley. I'm willing to bet that this game sells just fine - even among bowlers - because it is what it is and doesn't try to be anything more.

Wii is set to be released in Australia on December 7 for $400 including Wii Sports and the remote + nunchuk. Controller prices haven't been set in AU$, but all up its US$60 for both.

One good thing in general is that the lanes won't break down on you, and there's no whinging kids or crappy music to distract you :D

Unless you live in a council flat in the Western suburbs, of course ...

Back
Top Bottom