Best trick shots I'v ever seen

George, In the mid-nineties, there was a stocky red- headed bloke on the pro-tour, who, for a while seemed to be winning everything --- driving myself silly trying to remember his name. Have seen him doing 'trick shots'.
Used to approach with a ball in each hand, and release one slightly behind the other, and the R/H ball would take out 9 and leave the 10 pin, which the L/H one would pick up. Also same basic shot with the 7 /10 spotted up, balls cross over and get each pin.

If you can remember name, I'll be able to sleep to-night.

Bob Learn Jr.????????/

That sounds familiar - I think you've got it. Is he still around? I'll Google it and see.

Yup - That's him. Found a 'photo of him doing the 2 ball, 7/10 shot. Looks a lot older, not much hair. ( I must go and have a look in a mirror - or, on second thoughts, maybe not.)

Bob Learn Jr is still around, just not exempt on the PBA Tour. I know he did win a "Standard Ball" event at the Kegel Training Centre, where everyone had the same ball (a rubber, urethane blend) on an oil pattern that used 1/3 of the usual amounts.

He still holds the PBA scoring record for TV, and alot of the trick shots were on the AMF RPM Swirl video... Pretty good show.

Back
Top Bottom