It is now absolutely critical...

tonx

With the Flight/baggage restrictions that tournament organisers advertise the tournament pattern well in advance, including the type of surface and oilling machine that will be putting the patterns down.

If we are only to take 3 balls to a tournament, interstate bowlers will be at a severe disadvantage if no pattern is advertised, or if it is only advertised for a couple of days before the event.

Every other country in the world advertise their patterns well before the event. There should be no reason that we can't get this simple task right.

Never a truer post made.

If tournament organisers want entries, then they have to make this information available in order for players to be able to make informed equipment choices, even if only as a guide. Surface changes can be made on site, but if the initial choices are flawed due to a lack of information, you won't likely get some of those entries the following year.

Its about a little professionalism and courtesy towards the bowlers who have paid out their hard earned money to bowl in the event.

A wise comment Brenton particularly with the emphasis on "courtesy". TONX, may I say... and as you would well understand of course, that in many cases what "other countries" advertise and then what is dished up can vary sizably [and more often than not does, particularly in some parts closer to home]. What happens "overseas" is not always the panacea many think it is and whilst I'm sure that is not the inference of your post I just want to underscore that the reality is simply so.

i totally agree with both of all of you, the only down side is even if they do post the patteren dose not mean it will be that patteren, the way the restrictions work they are going to make it hard for interstate bowlers to bowl in tornaments except in there state

Hey maybe someone could buy and refurbish an old bus, take everyones balls around the country and even drill a few up for people at every major!!!.............Oohh i just had the strangest dream then! :D

Or maybe we just go back to 1987 in a way, turn up with 3 balls and see what happens

If there were a fair number of bowlers travelling to each major, I'd transport equipment for them for a nominal fee.

Back
Top Bottom