Interstate rivalry

Hey Cam, theres alot of colours in the homo rainbow, don't be afraid to let your colours shine.........

BRING ON RACHUIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO QUEENSLANDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TO WHAT THE:

Naw i dont know u & u dont know me iam just a person who likes watching people bowl i stay in the background,i'm just a figment of my own imagination.
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

AHHHHHHH yes!!!

Very eloquently put Tom, but I must admit that I always noticed the best intimidators, trash talkers and "in your facers" were the guys who had fewer revs, straighter trajectories and age. The "Powers That Be" have put something of a lid on that sort of behaviour in Rachuig in recent years which has made that competition somewhat sanitised by comparison to its hey day. Some of the best.......

Tom Kury is always near the top of this list, a small man who, in football parlance, "played big for his size" and intimidated many a bigger, younger (and often very talented) opponent. I doubt anyone who besat him on the first day of Rachuig ever beat him on the 2nd or 3rd. And I swear he dared you to beat him.

Peter Selakovic was one of the funniest nad yet most intense competitors. My first Rachuig nad I drew Pete in the last game of the day and it nearly turned into a fist fight. both started with turkeys, then I left a split, Pete rode the 4th so far in my face, I felt the breeze as his fist went past my nose. The rest of the match we went almost strike for strike, (got him 236 to 233)

Steve Mackie once led the NSW team in the funeral march past the Vics who had just been beaten handsomely. The vics folded and were no longer a threat.

Eric Thompson seized on an off the cuff commment by me in 1988 when the vics were in trouble against SA on the last day. The way he inspired his team and intimidated us had to be seen to be believed, the team responded and turned a probably loss in the 5th to a Rachuig record score and a whitewash. Thank god we still won that year or my name would have REALLY been mud!!!!!!

I recall in 1985 at Woodville when the West Australians tried a method of intimidation, ie all 5 players stand right behind the opposition player standing on the approach and breathe on his neck and whisper all sorts of things. NSW coach told me (I was in NSW then) to clear them, so next shot I rode it as hard as possible backwards towards the West Australians. Them along with 1/2 of my own team mates ran fior their lives, foirtunately for me the shot was as good as any I had thrown to that time and struck. Strangely enuff, that ploy was never used by them again against us.........

Anyway, bring on Rachuig this year.....can't wait

But....when all is said and done, we can still go out and have a drink and a meal afterwards and (usually) laugh about it.

Brenton, you just made me think of something (scary I know!!
icon_eek.gif
)

For the "veterans" of Rachuig, what are some of your best stories of gamesmanship you have pulled, or have been pulled on you?

Androo,

Good question to ask.

A classic moment from the Rachuig files that comes to mind.

West Australia, '96 from memory.

Tas was playing W.A.
The home team obviously had great support led by a young Shield bowler by the name of Shane Cerkasow (excuse the spelling).
Of course Shane is now the TBA Director for WA.
The chant was going strongly for the home team. wassie, wassie, wassie, oi, oi, oi.
You can imagine the rest.

The wassies started very strongly against the Tasmanians during this particular game.
They had all thrown a strike in the third frame.
Team captain and fantastic Rachuig bowler Mike Muir, jumped on to the ball return and led the supporters in a loud rendition of the chant.
Unfortunately for them it over excited them a bit.
We ended up winning the game.
Tassie anchor Ashley Riley threw a strike to finish the game and proceeded to jump up on to the ball return in the same manner as Mike Muir and led the Tas team in a chant, tassie, tassie, tassie, oi, oi, oi.
The silence from the WA supporters was deafening.

It was a memorable Rachuig moment.
The good thing about the game was that members from both teams appreciated the rivalry, shook hands, and are still good friends today.

icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Whats all this talk about friends Brett?
You dont have any friends unless you class the ones you pay. LOL
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Yes Brett i ha'e nominated. I ha'e only e'er made Rachuiq on the e'en years so i thought that i should try
icon_cool.gif

George, just so I can jump on your stupid attempts to put our team off, will you be getting a brand new Track ball drilled every frame of rachuig, just so you get that edge against all the other bowlers, and complain that people shouldnt be bowling with old equipment?

Who is going to win Rachuig? This is answered easily, just look under the NSW forum topic, Rachuig results. This would be one of NSW strongest teams for a long time. You had all better hope we break our legs or something before Rachuig starts. George you can talk QLD up all you want and I would like to agree with you but it just isnt going to happen!

THATS TOPS!!!!!!!!!
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom