International Travel with Bowling Gear ???

krdavis

Has anyone travelled to the US with bowling balls from Aus before ? - I am going in a few months and it appears the weight restrictions and rules are going to make it quite expensive, esp domestically in the US. Virgin Blue in Aus are great, just 5kg / bag regardless of the actual weight. Anyone with any experience in this ??? - George, Belmo ???

Thanks

George asked if this could be posted in response:-
This applies to Qantas travel actually, if your flying another airline you might want to check with the airline. Travelling to the US is different to any other country. All passengers are allowed 2 suitcases only, each suit case can way a maximum of 32kgs. I recommend packing a 4 ball case with balls only, this weighs in at 30kg. Use the other suitcase for clothes. I would recommend taking a tote only, balls tend to be cheaper in the US.

Andrew S. said:
George asked if this could be posted in response:-
This applies to Qantas travel actually, if your flying another airline you might want to check with the airline. Travelling to the US is different to any other country. All passengers are allowed 2 suitcases only, each suit case can way a maximum of 32kgs. I recommend packing a 4 ball case with balls only, this weighs in at 30kg. Use the other suitcase for clothes. I would recommend taking a tote only, balls tend to be cheaper in the US.

Thanks, I am travelling QF to the US and was aware of the 32kg limit - problem in the US is the domestic carriers state bowling bags can have no more than 2 balls !!! -

My other option is to buy a new set of balls when I arrive, this is not a real big issue as I know the guys there and they are great drillers. But How do I get them back to AUS ?? - Do any of the gear suppliers have any recommendations as to shipping ???

a mate of mine was in the same situation as you

he bought a new set of balls and everything over there and when he was done posted it back to australia.

cost him abit more but they got back here safe and sound

Back
Top Bottom