IGNORANT, ARROGANT or STUPID

Can someone please tell me what LMFAO is? Sorry, i just a dopey tree lopper.
It's ok now, my friend took pity on me and sent a txt message, so now he can LHFAO at me.

As much as I am enjoying everybody have a shot at everyone.....I gotta ask the relevance of bowlers trying to pull superiority over other bowlers.

Personally, I would agree with the argument that the left stays constant for longer due to less traffic. That gives them less variance in the shot and enables them to pick up condition changes easier. I don't bowl on the left (sometimes I wish I did, I wouldn't have to move so early due to condition break-down) so I wouldn't know.....but I've commentated on enough games now to see a pretty big discrepancy.

As for bowlers on the PBA.....Scroggy would be loving it that the righties are trying to box him out. That mentality and those conditions are the main reason why Patrick Allen has won two tour events this season already. They don't have to move a single board in 3 step-ladder final matches because the shot on the left doesn't break down. Rob Stone and Randy Pedersen (a great bowler in his own right) constantly point out the advantages of a lone left hander vs. 3 righties coming at him.

In closing, I think it's fair to say that the lefties have more of a consistent shot for a longer period of time. I can't remember the last time I saw a lefty swing it....but that cross-over quite often wrecks the right side, thus making a consistent shot more difficult to maintain.

Some can deal with those changes better than others, which sets us all at different levels of bowling skill. Nothing more.

hey bluey,
LMFAO i believe stands for Laughing My F'ing A$$ Off, well at least thats my interpretation of it,if people are meaning it in another sence please correct me.

.rat

Can someone please tell me what LMFAO is? Sorry, i just a dopey tree lopper.
It's ok now, my friend took pity on me and sent a txt message, so now he can LHFAO at me.

As a tech who feels he knows enough about lanes to keep himself out of trouble, i gave up listening to some bowlers complaining about lanes a while ago.

There was this time that this "compitent" left hander once told me that there wasn't enough units on the lanes and they were crap. It made me laugh cause the pattern that was used was the 2001 WPBA Mesa Open. For those that don't know it, it was a Kegel Sports pattern that they designed for the PWBA tour in the intial years of the sports bowling revolution. One of the reasons it made me laugh was that the pattern itself actually had 31.84ml of oil in it's 34' lenght. It was very wet out there, its just this person either, didn't have the equipment, or that their ball was generating power through skid that as soon as it hit the dry it took off.

Ooohhhh memories!!!!

As a tech who feels he knows enough about lanes to keep himself out of trouble, i gave up listening to some bowlers complaining about lanes a while ago.

There was this time that this "compitent" left hander once told me that there wasn't enough units on the lanes and they were crap. It made me laugh cause the pattern that was used was the 2001 WPBA Mesa Open. For those that don't know it, it was a Kegel Sports pattern that they designed for the PWBA tour in the intial years of the sports bowling revolution. One of the reasons it made me laugh was that the pattern itself actually had 31.84ml of oil in it's 34' lenght. It was very wet out there, its just this person either, didn't have the equipment, or that their ball was generating power through skid that as soon as it hit the dry it took off.

Ooohhhh memories!!!!

ahhh yes one day i hope bowlers will learn we techs do more then press a button on a machine,"OMG the lanes are sooooo wet" lol no you hit 2 borad and rolled out.......... /slap

adjust to the pattern i say
could not have said it better my self

Ohhhhhh the clash of the egos now i would like to see that.

:D:D:D

My ego is earned. Brien's is imagined! lol

I can't believe a lefthander who knows anything at all about bowling would believe that the right-handers have it better than on the left...

I can't believe a lefthander who knows anything at all about bowling would believe that the right-handers have it better than on the left...

There have been times I know this has happened !!

Bit more traffic, shot has opened up quicker, maybe just a few times and not as many as the left but it has. Of course times when it has the right handers are so so quiet!

cheers

Tony

I'm sure that Lefties will agree with me that usually we have 1(one) board to shoot at to have a shot, so they have to be very accurate.
The Righties on the whole have a 2-5 board area.
When the Lefties find that (god forbid) there is an area of 2 boards or more, they go to town and can score.
I hear a lot of Righties complaining that the Lefties have a "ditch" when this happens, but it's there on the Right all the time, they just don't always make use of it.
I've been bowling long enough to know when I'm being blocked out, so to those who are saying "stop whinging and get on with it" I'd like to see you reaction if it happens to you?

OMG, Get real princess, come over to the right after three games when the pattern is chopped out and lookes like Spencer street station accross the lanes and youve got flat MGC like smoothness to play with for the next 5 games.
F*** ME I am sure there are some other issues in this sport and life in gerneral to be concerned about.

Good bye

Just to see in the past comparing right to left winners.............

A.O

22+ right hander
8+ left hander

Melbourne cup

27+ right hander
6+ left hander

SA CUP

21+ right hander
8 + left hander

S.P.C.

35+ right hander
5+ left hander

Brunswick

7+ right hander
2+ left hander

N.S.W Open

16+ right hander
10+ left hander

and so on

please my number here are around about, cause I'm not sure some of the names if left or right, so i left some out.

Left handers have got a long way to catch up to the righties, not sure if they ever will, due to the lack of numbers percentages.

OMG, Get real princess, come over to the right after three games when the pattern is chopped out and lookes like Spencer street station accross the lanes and youve got flat MGC like smoothness to play with for the next 5 games.

nice quote, irrespect of this the right have done very well considering the huge left wall they have had to put up with!!!! cry cry!

That's what I loved about Bradford, he was professional about most things on the lane! and I'm sure wouldn't even have bothered with this sort of debate!

cheers

Tony

Tony

F*** ME I am sure there are some other issues in this sport and life in gerneral to be concerned about.

Good bye

Like learning how to spell:D

please my number here are around about, cause I'm not sure some of the names if left or right, so i left some out.

Left handers have got a long way to catch up to the righties, not sure if they ever will, due to the lack of numbers percentages.

nice quote, irrespect of this the right have done very well considering the huge left wall they have had to put up with!!!! cry cry!

That's what I loved about Bradford, he was professional about most things on the lane! and I'm sure wouldn't even have bothered with this sort of debate!

cheers

Tony

Tony

Very true on both counts. Yes righty's go Ok too!:cool:

Just to see in the past comparing right to left winners.............

A.O

22+ right hander
8+ left hander

22 RH
11 LH

Melbourne cup

27+ right hander
6+ left hander

27 RH
7 LH

SA CUP

21+ right hander
8 + left hander

20 RH
8 LH

S.P.C.

35+ right hander
5+ left hander

34 RH
7 LH

Brunswick

7+ right hander
2+ left hander

4 RH
7 LH

N.S.W Open

16+ right hander
10+ left hander

14 RH
11 LH

and so on

\

cheers
Tony

Tony

I'VE CORRECTED YOUR NUMBERS SOMEWHAT..the figures in red are the number of winners that I'm 100% sure of.

Your total was:
76.6% - 128 righthanded
23.4% - 39 lefthanded

Correct total was:
69.0% - 114 righthanded
31.0% - 51 lefthanded

31% is approximately twice the actual percentage of lefthanded bowlers who compete in our tournament circuit.

On your red totals I added up 121 right handers wayne ??

Auctually I'm still not sure on some of the new age guys and the really old ones, my memory not that good. But I knew I wouldn't be right on the mark, its not a acurate quiz, my whole point was overall.

cheers

Tony

My mistake, in my hurry to finish the post before going shopping I made an addition error.....the percentage is now 30% LH and 70% RH..still double the actual figure for the competing LH'ers

My ego is earned. Brien's is imagined! lol

I agree 100% I think the heading of this thread best describes the instigator of it.

;);)

OK let me get this straight Wayne. Your saying that the ratio of left winners vs right winners is about 30/70. From memory the ratio of left vs right in most tournaments is about 10/90. (and i do stand corrected as it is from memory).
Based on those figures the left has a distinct advantage.

Brien i don't know what your complaining about.

Phil

Back
Top Bottom