Idea for our Elite Bowlers

Toon

OWN IT!
Here's an idea, start a petition of all the top bowlers that both represent the country and that apsire to bowl in Internationally Ranked tournaments.

Submit the petition along with supporting documentation on the costs and difficulties of representing Australia and travelling overseas for tournaments. In turn, promoting Australia and Tenpin Bowling on the International stage.

The AIS and ASC may be interested in funding a program for our athletes or offering sports grants.

Hell, if there is enough interest. I will submit an application on behalf of all the bowlers. I have a lot of experience in government submissions and would gladly assist where I can if there are enough interested parties.

Either post here or PM and I am sure we can get something going to help our talented bowlers compete at the highest level available.

There is elite athlete grants out their. I applied for one in May this year and was successful in getting $2000 to go towards my Hong Kong trip and then also did a raffle. This covered pretty much my whole trip except for spending money.

But yes I do agree, it would be great to get some kind of support

I also did what did bec did and applied for Elite Athlete Travel Grant.

I also agree as well with what you have said toon

I have been trying to assist in getting a ball sponsorship going for a particular national squad member. Talent shouldn't go to waste because of a cost stumbling block. It's such an injustice

Agreed, I might go over some stats and numbers over the weekend and start writing a submission for a much more sustainable grant system to help promote our Athletes overseas. Surely we can manage a better contribution than $2000 for travel.

The Hong Kong government have invested something like six million dollars into a bank account. They then give the money from the interest to sports. I don't know how much bowling gets but being an elite sport it would be looked after.

Back
Top Bottom