BowlAustralia Team of Champions 2004

ilive2bowl

ilive2bowl
BowlAustralia announce the inauguration of the BowlAustralia Team of Champions which will provide 3 male and 3 female bowlers with an annual cash sponsorship to assist them in furthering their bowling careers. This team will be selected from amongst the leading Tournament bowlers in Australia and applications for participation in this elite 'team' are now open for the 2004 Calendar Year. Male and Female bowlers who would be interested in being considered as a BowlAustralia Team member should submit their bowling 'bio' to the BowlAustralia Tournament Director at [email protected] or by writing to BowlAustralia at P.O. Box 353, Ryde NSW 1680.Applications close on the 14th February 2004 and the team will be announced on the 28th February 2004.

We acnowledge the many applications we have received from mainly male bowlers from all parts of Australia. However, very few Applications have been received from our female bowlers. Our desire is to have an even representation of both men and women team members and we would therefore like to encourage those women bowlers who are active Tournament bowlers to apply for inclusion in this prestige Team of Champions.

Applications for inclusion in the 2004 BowlAustralia Team of Champions have now closed. BowlAustralia would like to thank the many many bowlers, who submitted an Application, for their interest in this Team. A shorlist of bowlers has been selected with a 'Terms' sheet to be mailed on the 16th February.
The team will be comprised of a Junior; Youth and Adult bowler in both the male and female categories. Final Team selection will be announced here and on the BowlAustralia website on the 28th February 2004.

ilive2bowl,
I'd like to be the first to publicly thank Roy and BowlAustralia for their outstanding support of bowling in Australia. Without supporters like you, the game wouldn't be half as much fun.

Good luck to all of those who nominated for a spot on the BowlAustralia Team of Champions. I even entertained the thought myself ( but I'm still retired from bowling. ) I'm certain that those selected will be more than worthy of your support.

Wayne

Hello
Just curious is there anyway to find out who applied and who is on the short list? Its just a question and its understandable if it is not possible.

Thanks

Thank you for your interest in the BowlAustralia Team of Champions. Applications for membership of the team as well as the nominations of bowlers on the short-list must be treated by us in strictest confidence. We're not really sure what benefit it can be to anyone to know who applied and who made the short-list. We can however state that we were encouraged by the huge response from bowlers all over Australia which indicates the absolute vaildity of this process and the need for other Industry players to follow our lead. The names of the successful Applicants will be published on the 28th February 2004.

just wondering if the letters for the short listed team have been sent yet?
does everyone who applied get a letter or just the short listed ones?

Due to the overwhelming response it is not possible to reply to all the Applicants personally. All Bowler's short-listed have, by now, received their 'Sponsorship Terms Sheet'. Therefore those who haven't were, unfortunately, not successful in being shortlisted. While BowlAustralia would like to provide assistance to all Applicants (as there exists a genuine need for this) it, like all sponsors, has limited resources and can therefore only provide 6 Applicants with Team membership. The nominated team will be published here on February 28th, 2004.

Back
Top Bottom